Vidyasiri Scholarship (Karnataka ePASS) is a Scholarship Welfare Scheme launched by the Karnataka State to help the students from backward classes and low-income families. The Vidyasiri Scholarship is meant for students who come from SC/ ST/ EBC/ OBC background and disabled students who wish to pursue higher studies after Matriculation (Class 10 SSC). Vidyasiri Scholarship is run by the ‘Department of Backward Classes Welfare’ for the educational growth of Karnataka students who hail from financially weak and underprivileged families.
Karntaka ePass Vidyasiri Scholarship- Process
The Karntaka ePass Vidyasiri Scholarship is one of a kind, and the application process is very simple. The complete application process is done online on the portal of Karnataka ePASS (Karepass). The online system of ePASS links the data of the welfare department, treasury, banks, SSLC (Secondary Schools Leaving Certificate), and colleges to ensure smooth processing and fast distribution of scholarships.
Through Karnataka ePASS (Karepass), the government of Karnataka ensures that students receive the delivery of scholarship funds without any hassle. The fund transfer is made directly to the bank account of the beneficiary. The scholarship is provided to eligible students for admission to junior colleges and further studies in Karnataka.
Karnataka ePASS Vidyasiri Scholarship – Overview
As mentioned above, Karnataka ePASS (Karepass) is the online portal on which students can apply for various schemes of scholarships in the state of Karnataka. Through this portal, eligible students can apply for the Vidyasiri Scholarship. You can find all the updates and information regarding the Vidyasiri Scholarship on the Karnataka ePASS website.
The registration for Vidyasiri Scholarship 2023 is likely to begin in April or May 2023 Applicants are advised to go through the details mentioned in this article before apply.
Brief Information of Vidyasiri Scholarship -Karnataka ePASS
|Name of Scholarship:||Vidyasiri|
|Mode of Application:||Online.|
|Where to apply:||Karnataka ePASS (Electronic Payment and Application System|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs 10000 for SSLC & Rs 15000 for PUC Students|
|Department:||Department of Backward Classes Welfare, Government of Karnataka.|
|Eligibility Criteria.||Meritorious students belonging to Backward Classes and Disabled students.|
|Date of Application||April-May 2023 (expected).|
|Last Date of Application||To be Announced for 2023- 2024|
|Application Number||Visit Official Website after Submission|
|Hostel Application Status||Visit Official Website after Submission|
|Prathibha Acknowledgement:||Available after submission of Application|
Details of Scholarship Schemes Under Karnataka ePASS
Eligible students from Karnataka can apply to three schemes to obtain the Vidyasiri Scholarships under ePass.
- Fee concession for the complete course for PMS FAAS, FC and NUR
This scheme covers the entire course fee for the eligible candidates. If a student fulfils the eligibility criteria, he or she can apply to any course and school of his or her choice.
Around 21000 eligible students are offered the Vidyasiri Scholarship by the Government of Karnataka every year.
2. Fee concession & Free hostel accommodation for Post Matriculation courses
Students who belong to backward classes (SC/ ST/ EBC) and students who are differently-abled or disabled can apply for the Vidyasiri Scholarship under the scheme of fee concession & free hostel accommodation for Post Matriculation course.
As the name suggests, this scheme can be availed for higher studies after Matriculation (Class 10 SSC). The students who are looking to apply for this scholarship scheme should have passed Matric, i.e., the class 10 examinations.
3. Prathibha Puraskar Scholarship for SSLC/ Secondary PUC
The Prathibha Puraskar Scholarships meant for meritorious students who have passed SSLC/ Secondary PUC examination with more than 90% marks.
Important Dates for Vidyasiri Scholarship 2023-2024
|Commencement of Fresh Hostel Registration||May 2023|
|Last date for the application of Fresh Hostel Registration||Will be updated soon.|
|Commencement of PrathibhaPuraskar Scholarship||June 2023|
|Last date for the application of PrathibhaPuraskar Scholarship||Will be updated soon.|
|Fresh & Renewal Registrations|
for PMS FAAS, FC & NUR
|Will be updated soon.|
Eligibility Criteria for Vidyasiri Scholarship 2023 Karnataka ePASS
Before applying to any of the schemes under the Vidyasiri Scholarship 2023,, the student should ensure that he or she fulfills the eligibility criteria:
Fee concession for the complete course for PMS FAAS, FC and NUR
- The student should be a permanent resident of Karnataka.
- The candidate should be a student in any post matriculation course at any school recognized by the Government of Karnataka.
- The attendance of the student should not be less than 75%.
- The annual income of the parents of the candidates belonging to the SC or ST category should not be more than INR 2 Lakhs.
- If the candidate belongs to the Backward Classes or the candidate is disabled, his or her parent’s income should be less than 1 Lakh per year.
Fresh Hostel Registration
- The candidate should be a permanent resident of Karnataka.
- The candidate must belong to Category I/ 2A/ 2B/ 3A/ 3B or SC, ST and Backward Class.
- The distance of the school from the candidate’s house should be more than 5 km.
- The annual family income of the candidate should be less than INR 2 Lakh 50 Thousand.
- The student must be a permanent domicile of the state of Karnataka.
- The applying candidate must be a student of any Government or Private school in Karnataka.
- A score of more than 90% in SSLC/ Secondary PUC examination (Class 10 Exam) is mandatory for applying.
- A student can avail of this scholarship only once.
- If the student belongs to category 1, his or her parent’s annual income should be less than INR 1 Lakh.
If the student belongs to category 2A/ 2B/ 3A/ 3B, the annual income of his or her parents should not be more than INR 2.5 Lakhs
How to Apply For Vidyasiri Scholarship 2023 Karnataka ePASS
The entire process of applying for the Vidyasiri Scholarship is to be done online via the Karnataka ePASS (Karepass) portal. There is no offline mode of application. Online application for all the three schemes under the Vidyasiri Scholarship for the year 2023-2024 is expected to start during May 2023.
While applying online, all the documents should be kept handy by the students, and it helps in a hassle-free application process. The candidates must keep checking the official announcement for submission of the application. No application will be accepted after the last date.
Apply For Vidyasiri Scholarship Online
Follow the steps mentioned below to apply online for Vidyasiri Scholarship 2023:
Step 1: Visit the official website of Vidyasiri Scholarship Karnataka ePASS. Click to visit
Step 2: Scroll down and find the ‘STUDENT ZONE’.
Step 3: Click on the scheme that you want to apply for.
Step 4: Fill in all the details.
Step 5: Upload all the required documents (make sure that you upload the correct document in the correct space).
Step 6: Go through all the details and double-check.
Step 7: Submit the application.
Step 8: Write your registration number is a secure place and take a print-out of the application form.
Step 9: The candidate will have to send the printed Application Form and all documents (attested photocopies) to the concerned Taluk/ District Officer within the due date.
Karnataka Vidyasiri Scholarship Application Form
You can download the Application form for Vidyasiri Scholarship here
Documents Required for Applying to Vidyasiri Scholarship
The candidates who wish to apply for the Vidyasiri Scholarship 2023 should have all the necessary documents as mentioned below. The candidate will have to upload the required documents while applying online and send attested photocopies to the concerned office.
The list of Vidyasiri Scholarship Documents is below:
- SSLC (Senior Secondary Leaving Certificate | Class 10 Certificate)
- TC (Transfer Certificate)
- In case the candidate belongs to SC/ ST/ BC/ EBC, Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority is mandatory.
- Disability Certificate (if applicable).
- Bank Passbook (for direct money transfer).
- Family Income Certificate of the candidate, issued by Tahsildar/ Sub-Tahsildar.
- Domicile Certificate or Residential Certificate.
- Passport size photograph of the candidate.
How to check the Application Status of Vidyasiri Scholarship 2023 Karnataka ePASS?
He or she can easily check the application status once a student has successfully applied for the Vidysiri Scholarship through Karnataka ePASS. The application status shows how far the candidate’s application has been processed.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to check your Application Status:
Step 1: Open the official website of Karnataka ePASS. Click to visit.
Step 2: Click on the ‘STUDENT SERVICES’ button, and a dropdown menu will appear.
Step 3: Click ‘APPLICATION STATUS’ from the dropdown menu.
Step 4: A new page will open where you will have to fill Application Number, Academic Year, SSLC Pass Type, Year of Pass, SSLC Registration Number, and Date of Birth.
Step 5: After filling all the details, fill the captcha and click on ‘Get Status.’
Step 6: You will get your Application Status.
How to check your Application Number for Vidyasiri Scholarship 2023 Karnataka ePASS?
If any candidate has forgotten his or her Application Number, then he or she should not worry. The Application Number can be obtained from the Karnataka ePASS portal. Along with that, you can also reprint the Application & Acknowledgement.
The steps mentioned below should be followed to check the Application Number:
Step 1: Visit the portal of Karnataka ePASS. Click to visit.
Step 2: Click on the ‘STUDENT SERVICES’ tab.
Step 3: You will get a dropdown menu, over there, click on ‘KNOW YOUR APPLICATION NUMBER’.
Step 4: In the new page that appears, you will have to enter Fresh/ Renewal, Academic Year, SSLC Pass Type, Year of Pass, SSLC Examination Number, Date of Birth.
Step 5: Fill in the captcha and click on either ‘Get Scholarship Details’ or ‘Get Hostel Details’ as per your requirement.
How to Check the Hostel Application Status for Vidyasiri Scholarship 2023 Karnataka ePASS?
Students can follow the instructions given below to check their Hostel Application Status:
Step 1: Open Karnataka ePASS’s official website. Click to visit.
Step 2: You will find a ‘STUDENT SERVICES’ button, click on that.
Step 3: A dropdown menu will appear, click on ‘HOSTEL APPLICATION STATUS’ over there.
Step 4: A new page will open where you will have to enter the Application Number and Date of Birth.
Step 5: After filling the captcha, click on ‘Get Status’.
Courses Offered Under the Vidyasiri Scholarship
‘Group A’ Courses:
- Postgraduate degree including M.Phil& PhD. The fields covered are Agriculture, Allied Sciences, Architecture, Business Administration, Business Finance, Computer Applications, Computer Science, Design, Engineering, Fashion Technology, Management, Medicine, Planning and Technology.
- Commercial Pilot License.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Medicine.
- Professional courses like CA, CS, ICWA, ICFA, etc.
- Post-Doctoral Programs.
‘Group B’ Courses:
- All UG & PG courses including Degree, Certificate & Diploma for which the minimum eligibility is 10+2.
- PG courses not covered under ‘Group A’.
‘Group C’ Courses:
- All Programs and courses for a Graduate Degree/ Certificate not covered under ‘Group A’ or ‘Group B’ like BA, BSc, BCom and others.
‘Group D’ Courses:
- Higher Secondary (Class 11 & Class 12).
- ITI Course.
- Any 3- year diploma course that can be pursued after passing Class 10, like Polytechnic.
Vidyasiri Scholarship Status
The applicants can track the status of the Vidyasiri scholarship online from the official website. To track the application’s status, you need to log on to the official website with your application ID. The official website for tracking the application status is given below.
Vidyasiri Scholarship Renewal Process
Below are the steps to renew your Vidyasiri scholarship online
- Visit the official website karepass.cgg.gov.in.
- Choose Renewal and click on “Apply Now.”
- Click on “Ok” to accept that you have gone through the instructions
- Fill all the necessary details and documents
- Download the acknowledgment
- Take a printout of the application form for future use
More Information Related to Vidyasiri Scholarship
Karnataka Government Notification regarding Food & Accommodation Scholarship. Get Details
Scholarship Apply Online- Guidelines
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) on Vidyasiri Scholarship
- Where to Apply for Vidyasiri Scholarship?
- Answer: You can apply for Vidyasiri Scholarship at Karnataka ePASS Portal.
- Are Students of other states eligible to apply?
- Answer: No. Students from the state of Karnataka are only eligible for Vidyasiri Scholarship.
- What are the eligibility criteria for Vidyasiri Scholarship?
- Answer: The eligibility details are mentioned above for different schemes under the Vidyasiri Scholarship.
- Will I Need Separate Applications for Separate Schemes?
- Answer: Yes. All the schemes have separate requirements and require different applications.
- Is there any Selection Test?
- Answer: No. Students are selected based on Merit.
- Is it mandatory to send the attested photocopy of documents to the Taluka/ District Office?
- Answer: Yes. If you don’t send the attested photocopy of documents, your application will get rejected.
Vidyasiri Scholarship ePASS Karnataka Contact Details
Address: Karnataka Backward Classes Welfare Department. No. 16/D, 3rd Floor, Devraj Urs Bhavan, Millers Tank Bed Road, Vasanth Nagar, Bangalore , Karnataka- 560052. India.
Phone: +91 8050770005.
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org