The Tbilisi State Medical University Georgia (TSMU) is a Medical University located in Tbilisi in Georgia. As Europe’s largest medical university Tbilisi Medical University has produced around 40 thousand doctors since its inception in 1918. Its approval by the ‘Medical Council of India’ (MCI) makes it one of the top-priority medical universities for Indian students who want to pursue an MBBS from a foreign country.
If you are also looking to study MBBS in a foreign country, the Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU) can be a good choice for you. Go through this article to know more about the Tbilisi State Medical University, the benefits of studying at the Tbilisi University, the tuition fees, the duration, Hostel Accommodation, MCI/NMC Approval status, eligibility criteria, and other details.
- 1 About Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU)
- 2 About Georgia:
- 2.1 Tbilisi State Medical University Georgia MBBS – Brief Information
- 2.2 MBBS in India
- 2.3 MBBS in Georgia
About Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU)
As mentioned above, TSMU is one of the best medical universities located in Georgia for both undergraduate medical courses and postgraduate medical courses. It is also the oldest university in Georgia as well as the entire Caucasus region. Its location is the capital city of Georgia, Tbilisi, and it ranks among the top medical universities of Georgia and Eastern Europe. Each year, thousands of aspirants apply for admission to the Tbilisi State Medical University. The majority of international students come from India, Sri Lanka, the USA, Armenia, Nigeria, Turkey, Trinidad & Tobago, and others.
The popularity of Tbilisi State Medical University among international students is because of the easy admission process and the fact that English is the medium of instruction for international students. The current strength of UG students at Tbilisi State Medical University is around 7500, and the strength of PG students is around 3000.
Out of these students, around 25% are international students. The tuition fee is affordable, and most of the reviews of the university by students are highly positive. It is a government-aided university and is looked after by the Ministry of Education & Science of Georgia.
Georgia is a transcontinental country located in the Caucasus region, Eurasia. It covers more than sixty-nine thousand square kilometres with a population exceeding three and a half million. Georgia is a unitary republic with a parliamentary government. A representative democracy elects the government.
It is bordered to the west and south by the Black Sea and Armenia. Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia, is the centre for commerce, commerce, business and education. Georgia is a Christian majority country, mainly Georgian Orthodox Christian, along with a small amount of Islam and other religious beliefs. These religions, despite their differences, are equally respected in Georgia, a secular nation.
It is a result of Georgia’s Persian heritage. This can be seen in its core elements: infrastructure, buildings and food. Georgia’s climate is very diverse. It is a humid subtropical zone with an average amount of annual precipitation, and it is at its peak during the Autumn month.
Georgia is known for its diversity of fauna and flora. There are approximately six thousand species of fauna in the country and over one thousand seven hundred floras. The International Union for Conservation of Nature is a conservative organization that recognizes tourism as an important aspect of Georgia.
The railway, roads, and most buses within and around cities make transportation easy and quick. Georgian Airways’ hub at Tbilisi International Airport serves as the gateway to international connections between Bulgaria and Turkey, Turkey, and Romania.
Tbilisi State Medical University Georgia MBBS – Brief Information
|Type of Institution||Government Owned|
|Approval Status||MCI/NMC and WHO Recognized|
|Eligibility for Admission||Minimum 50% Marks in PCB Subjects|
|MBBS Duration||6 Years including 1-year internship|
|NEET Requirement||Yes, Mandatory|
|IELTS/TOFEL Requirement||Not Required|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Rank in Georgia||8|
|Approximate Fees||INR 2600000|
Perks of Pursuing MBBS from Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU)
- It is one of the best medical colleges in the region of Eastern Europe. The quality of education is top-notch, and modern learning methods are utilized for teaching concepts of medicine to students. Along with that, the Tbilisi State Medical University offers students the chance to study cutting-edge medical technologies as it keeps on updating its medical equipment yearly.
- Tbilisi State Medical University is a signatory member of the Bologna Declaration, which means that it is at par with all the other medical universities of Europe.
- The process of admission is very simple and transparent.
- The tuition fee is quite affordable compared to other medical colleges in Europe. As the government of Georgia manages it, students are not charged any hidden or extra charges.
- Medical degrees obtained from the Tbilisi State Medical University are recognized by the top medical associations of the world. This ensures the validity of the medical degree obtained from TSMU in almost every nation around the globe. Hence, you can practice medicine in any corner of the world without any worry.
- It has produced many well-renowned doctors practising various fields of medicine in several countries.
- Aspirants don’t have to sit for either IELTS or TOEFL.
- Georgia offers a good quality of life, and the people are very welcoming towards international students. This is also one of the reasons why students feel very comfortable studying in Georgia.
- As students from various countries come to study at the Tbilisi State Medical University, you will get a chance to build various international relations while you pursue your medical degree.
Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU) – International Recognition
Various medical associations across the globe recognize the Tbilisi State Medical University. Some of them are mentioned below:
- NMC (National Medical Commission).
- WHO (World Health Organization).
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education).
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates).
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research).
- Bologna Declaration.
- European Union Ministry of Education.
- Medical Council of India (MCI).
- International Medical Education Directory (IMED).
Tbilisi Medical University Courses
- Public Health & Management
- US Medical Doctor Program
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Public Health Management
Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU) – Structure of MBBS Course
The structure of MBBS offered at the Tbilisi State Medical University is quite similar to India. Mentioned below are the key points:
- The total duration is 6 years
- During the first 2 years, theoretical medical education is covered.
- During the third year, pre-clinical education is covered.
- During the last 3 years, clinical courses are covered along with the mandatory internship.
MBBS Admission Process
Students wishing to be admitted to Tbilisi State Medical University must follow the below admission process:
Step 1: Create a new account and fill out the online application.
Step 3: The university will issue an offer letter to the candidate after they have submitted their application.
Step 3: The admission office will begin the enrollment process for the candidates based on the offer letter.
Step 4: There are two intakes per year.
Step 5: All procedures, including translation, notarization and recognition, take about 2-4 weeks.
Step 6: Students can apply for visas after receiving an offer letter from the Tbilisi Medical University.
Tbilisi State Medical University Hostel Accommodation
The Tbilisi State Medical University hostels have excellent infrastructure and can accommodate international students. They include well-furnished rooms and a meal facility (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
The vibrant community of alumni, faculties, students and alumni contributes to the Tbilisi Medical University campus. There are hostels where students are encouraged to discuss their faith, beliefs and cultures in a safe environment. This allows students to live beyond the classrooms truly and can have a productive time at the Tbilisi Medical University. Regular cultural meetings and conferences are held to assist foreign students in exploring their options and maximizing their potential.
Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU) – Hostel Fees
TSMU offers state of the art hostel rooms to its students for a very nominal charge. The yearly hostel fee is around INR 1,60,000, which includes accommodation, food and lodging charges. Students can opt to stay off-campus, but the cost of living in Tbilisi will be quite high compared to the on-campus hostel fee.
Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU) – Tuition Fees
As mentioned above, the tuition fee of pursuing an MBBS from the Tbilisi State Medical University is quite affordable compared to other medical colleges in Europe. As it is a government-aided college, there is no demand for a donation of any kind.
The yearly tuition fee is around INR 4,20,000 to INR 4,50,000, which will add up to around INR 26,00,000 for the entire course. There are a few other charges which amount to INR 2,00,000 to INR 2,50,000 for the entire course. These charges include books, equipment, development fee, and other charges.
COMPARISON OF MBBS IN INDIA AND GEORGIA
MBBS in India
India’s MBBS course is one of the most difficult and rigorous programs. The number of applicants to medical colleges is very high, with only 65,000 seats. Before you can get a place in a medical college, there are several entrance exams and screening tests. There are 489 Indian medical colleges. Around 222 of these are government institutions, while 267 are private colleges.
Fees in India
The annual fee for MBBS at government colleges can be anywhere from Rs 12500 to 305000. Private institutions cost Rs. 4, 50,000.00 to Rs. 21, 50,000. For 6 years, the cost of MBBS from a private Indian medical university will be between 80 and 1.30 lakhs.
Both the State Governments and the Central Government conduct entrance exams for MBBS admission. NEET scores are required for 85% of all university seats. Some medical institutes, such as the All Indian Institute of Medical Sciences, have separate screening tests. Given below are the major admission tests for MBBS.
- AIIMS Entrance Exams
- AIPMT Eligibility Tests (NEET).
- Armed Forces Medical College Tests
- CEE Kerala Etc….
Every year, the number of aspirants who take admission in the MBBS abroad program increases substantially. Approximately 1.7 million candidates compete for the 65,000 MBBS seats every year. Admission is more than hard work. It is also a gamble. Private universities are too expensive to afford.
It doesn’t guarantee a successful career, even if you have a good financial background. These are just a few of the reasons to consider other options. Indian students are increasingly interested in applying for MBBS admission in a foreign university.
MBBS in Georgia
Georgia, a European country located in the Caucasus region of Georgia, is one example. Georgia has been a popular MBBS destination in recent years.
Main Benefits of MBBS in Georgia:
- High-quality education at an affordable price without donation
- The structure and duration of MBBS degrees are the same in India and Georgia.
- English is the medium of instruction for the MBBS degree in Georgia.
- NMC, WHO, and UNESCO have recognized most of the top Georgian Medical universities.
- Georgia is a safe place, and it’s easy to find accommodation in Georgia.
- The admission requirements and formalities for eligibility are very simple.
- Georgia is home to many international medical conferences. This allows you to have a great international experience.
- After completing MBBS in Georgia, students can choose to study higher education in the USA or Germany.
Studying at Georgian universities has many benefits.
Tbilisi State Medical University Fee Structure
|Fees Details||Year-1||Year-2||Year-3||Year-4||Year -5||Year-6|
|Tuition Fee in US$||$8000||$8000||$8000||$8000||$8000||$8000|
|Fees in Rupees||570000||570000||570000||570000||570000||570000|
|Hostel Fees in US$||$3000||$3000||$3000||$3000||$3000||$3000|
|Hostel Fee in INR||205000||205000||205000||205000||205000||205000|
|Total Fees in INR||775000||775000||775000||775000||775000||775000|
Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU) – Intake
MBBS at TSMU generally starts in either August or September. The online application phase begins in May and ends by July. Thousands of international students apply for pursuing MBBS at TSMU, so students are advised to fill the online admission form and pay the application fee as soon as the online application opens up in May.
Medium of Teaching
The official medium of teaching at TSMU is English. Anyway, teachers and professors opt for a mixed medium where they use both English and Georgian. English & Georgian medium classes help international students understand Georgian, which helps them communicate with local patients during their medical internship.
- The student should have passed 10+2 (Class 12) with at least 65% marks.
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology should be compulsory subjects at 10+2 level.
- The student should have studied in an English-medium school and passed English in Class 12 (10+2) with at least 60 marks.
- The student should hold a valid passport.
- The minimum age of the student must be 18 years.
- They must possess good reading, writing and communication skills in English.
- Step 1 – Visit the official website of TSMU and make sure that you fulfil the eligibility criteria.
- Step 2 – Fill the online application form and upload all the necessary documents.
- Step 3 – Pay the online application fee.
- Step 4 – If you are selected, you will get an ‘Admission Letter’. This letter, along with necessary documents, must be submitted to the Georgian Embassy to receive your student’s visa.
- Step 5 – Once you receive your student’s visa, you will have to pay the admission fee of TSMU.
Mentioned below is the list of mandatory documents required for pursuing MBBS at TSMU:
- Scorecard of Class 10 & Class 12 (10+2).
- Letter of Recommendation from last educational institution.
- Migration Certificate.
- Valid Passport.
- Valid Health Certificate.
- Medical Insurance.
- Vaccination Certificate of COVID-19.
- Passport size photographs.
- Financial Proof.
- Proof of Indian citizenship.
- Character Clearance Certificate.
Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU) – How We Can Help?
As the top Tbilisi Medical University MBBS Consultant in Kerala India, We can help you obtain admission to TSMU in a hassle-free manner. Mentioned below are some of our achievements:
- We are one of the top education consultants in India.
- We offer 24×7 services to our clients.
- All our services are transparent and offered at competitive prices.
- Our success rate of international admissions is quite high as compared to other educational consultants.
- Our staff is very friendly and well-behaved. We haven’t received any complaints from our valuable clients since our inception.
- We are highly recommended by thousands of happy students pursuing their higher studies in foreign countries.
- We strictly offer international quality services without fail.
- We offer various learning resources that will benefit students who want to pursue an MBBS from TSMU.
Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU) – FAQ
- Is IELTS required for MBBS at Tbilisi State Medical University?
Neither IELTS nor TOEFL is required for pursuing MBBS at Tbilisi State Medical University.
- Does The MCI recognize Tbilisi State Medical University?
Yes, The MCI, (now National Medical Commission) recognizes the MBBS degree obtained from Tbilisi Medical University. The Medical Council of India (Now NMC) Approval ensures that Indian students can practice medicine in India after obtaining an MBBS from Tbilisi State Medical University.
- What is the duration of MBBS at Tbilisi State Medical University?
The duration of MBBS at Tbilisi Medical University is six years, including one year required for the medical internship.
- When should I apply for admission to Tbilisi State Medical University for MBBS?
The online application for MBBS at Tbilisi State Medical University generally opens up during May.
- Is Tbilisi State Medical University good for MBBS?
Yes, Tbilisi State Medical University is a good medical university for pursuing MBBS. It is the oldest university in Georgia and ranks 8th in the country.
- Is MBBS Degree from Georgia recognized in India?
The World Health Organization and the National Medical Commission of India recognize most medical universities in Georgia. The degrees from Georgia’s medical universities are also recognized worldwide. For more details, check the NMC website.
- Is Tbilisi a state medical government?
Tbilisi State Medical University ranks among the top universities in Georgia. Tbilisi Medical University focuses on the quality of its teaching and its research-oriented programs. It is the largest Government Medical University in Georgia and one of the largest medical institutes in Europe.
Are you looking for MBBS Admission to Tbilisi State Medical University? Please Get in Touch with us for Admission Assistance and Guidance. Whatsapp/Call/Whatsapp 8086000842