The Department of Education(S) Manipur is an important department of the Government of Manipur that looks after the school education in the state of Manipur in India. The education system in Manipur started in 1903 when Rev. Pattigrew, an educationist and a revolutionary took charge as the first inspector of schools of the education department of the state of Assam. Before 1950, there was no separate wing for education in Manipur state and the education department of Manipur was under the control of the department of education, Government of Assam.
On 20-01-1950 an education department was created exclusively for the people of Manipur under Mr T.Kipgen, Assistant Secretary to the Government of Manipur and he was handed over the complete responsibilities for framing the educational policies and programs of the school education in Manipur.
Later in 1951- 1952 with the setting up of the Territory council a new administrative set up came in the general administration of the Manipur and the council was given the overall control of the educational programs and implementation of the educational policies in Manipur. In 1960 the responsibilities of the educational activities and control of the municipal areas were handed over the Imphal Municipality.
Present Education (S) System in Manipur
From March 1st 1974 onwards, the control and management of all the primary schools located in the hill districts of Manipur were transferred to the respective autonomous district councils of the state.
The role of the state education department was restricted to supervision and inspection of the schools, framing the curriculum, syllabus and the selection of textbooks for classes for primary schools.
Details of Departments of Education in Manipur
The Minister of education heads Manipur Education department, and he is assisted by the principal secretary of Educations (S) and the director of the education department. The education department of Manipur is divided into four separate departments.
- Department of Education- ( Controls Higher Education department and Universities)
- Department of Education (S)
- State Council of Educational Research and Training
- Department of Adult Education.
Education S Manipur Different Schemes
Listed below are the educational schemes that are being implemented in the state for the welfare of students.
- Model School Scheme
- Girls’ Hostel Scheme
- MDM Scheme
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan
Scheme for Quality Improvement of Secondary Education:
To improve the quality of secondary education in the state, the Government has introduced a centrally sponsored programme named “Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA)” at the secondary level education. This scheme will be implemented from class ix to class xii across the state.
Objectives of the RMSA Scheme.
The main aim of RMSA schemes are listed below
- To achieve a general enrolment ration of 75% at the secondary level within five years by building a secondary school within a reasonable distance of every locality
- Improve the quality of education from class ix to class xii
- Abolish gender, social, economical and disability hurdles and provide access to the secondary school to all sections of the society
- Time-bound plan for training for all teachers of secondary level.
Results of Scholarship Exams
Listed below are the details of scholarships exams and results of the department of education S Manipur.
- Competitive Scholarships Results
- Class-V Category- Results
- Class-VIII Category- Results
- National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Examination, Class IX – Results
- National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Examination, for Class IX- Results
- Manipur State Competitive Scholarship Examinations Class V and VIII- Results
- Competitive Scholarships Results.
Class 12th Board Results 2023 Update:
The Council of Higher Secondary Education, Government of Manipur (COHSEM), has declared the results of class 12 board exam for the year 2023. Around 33000 students had appeared for the Manipur Higher Secondary examination this year. The examination was conducted in the month of February and March this year, and the results were expected to be announced in May 2023 but were postponed due to the outbreak of Kovid 19 in the state. The results are available on the official website of Manipur education department, manresults.nic.in.
How to Check the Board Exam Results?
Follow the below steps to check the results of Manipur Board 12th Result 2023.
- Visit the official website of the board manresults.nic.in
- Click on the link “Manipur HSE Result, 2023.’
- Enter roll number and date of birth of the student
- Click on the link ‘Submit.’
- The result will appear on the screen
- Save and Take a printout of the Result 2023 for future Use.
Online Registration for Reserved Seats for Class XI in Govt Schools for 2023
The directorate of education (s) Government of Manipur has invited applications for filling up of 15% of the reserved seats. The admission to the class xi in the Government schools in Manipur has been started online. More details regarding the admission procedure are given below.
- Seats reserved the students who have passed out from all recognized boards that are recognized by the council of Higher Secondary Education, Manipur (COHSEN).The application for reserved seats for the 59 Government higher secondary schools spread across the state will start from 16/07/2020 and will end on 27/07/2023. The willing students, including the compartmental category students, can apply to the reserved seats directly at the respective schools.
- Interested students awaiting results are also eligible to apply for the reserved seats. Their selection will be provisional and final admission will subject to their marks in the examination.
- The final selection of the students will be according to the admission criteria set by the respective schools where candidates seek admission.
- Preference will be given to the compartmental Students of own school.
- If eligible students are not available as per the cut off mark set by the schools, the vacant seats may be filled from the qualified students among other categories.
- Corrections/Rectifications with regard to the admissions will be done at the school level only.
- For students who wish to apply offline can download the application form here
List of Government Schools in Manipur (Higher Secondary Schools)
Download the list of Government in Manipur in PDF
Education in Manipur during COVID 19 pandemic
During the Covid 19 pandemic situation in Manipur a shift from the regular classroom teaching to the online teaching medium may be the future option for education in Manipur to safeguard the interest of the students and parents. The observation and a circular situation from the director, education (s) regarding the education in Manipur during the Kovid 19 pandemic situation is given below.
List of High schools and Secondary schools in Manipur
Below is the list of Government and aided schools in Manipur
- Government Schools Under the Department of Education (S)
- Government Aided Schools
- Government Schools under Other Departments
Manipur Education (S) Notifications
|List of Awardees’ Teachers||manipureducation.gov.in/teachers|
|Admission of Class –IX Modalities||manipureducation.gov.in/admission|
|Group D Notifications||https://manipureducation.gov.in/group/d|
|GPF Fund Notifications||https://manipureducation.gov.in/gpf.fund|
|Class-XI Admission Notification||manipureducation.gov.in/class.xi admission|
How to Register Your Complaints regarding Education S Manipur?
If you have any complaints or suggestion regarding the department of education (s) Government of Manipur, you can lodge your complaint /query or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Details of Directorate of Education (S)
Commissioner Education (S) Manipur:
Office of Director of Education(S):
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
TEL: 0385-2411013 (O)
Office of Additional Director (Valley):
Office of Additional Director (Hill):
Nodal Officer Mid-Day-Meal/VMO: