Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is an ideal option for students who wish to enroll in MBA courses through correspondence or distance education. The IGNOU, established in 1985, is considered one of the best Open Universities in Asia for quality education in different streams. The University offers a wide range of courses in various streams, including research studies like MPhil and Ph.D. To encourage and promote higher education for all, the University provides several courses and programs like MBA Distance/ Correspondence and Online MBA at a minimum and affordable fees with the Government fund. Read more about IGNOU MBA Registration process below.
Online MBA is one of the most popular business programs in India.Master of Business Administration (MBA) is one of the management programs offered by IGNOU. It provides graduates with diverse knowledge in business perspectives and analytical abilities to improve each individual’s decision-making skills.
IGNOU MBA Registraton Procedure:
IGNOU Online/Distance Admission will be carried out based on marks obtained in the OPENMAT.
Results of the OPENMAT will be available on the IGNOU official website, and candidates will receive scorecards indicating whether he or she is qualified for admission based on the cut-off score set by the institute. Qualified candidates can apply for admission in the application form available along with the prospectus and can submit it to the concerned department and the other documents required.
* International students having a student visa with a minimum validity of two years are eligible for admission to the MBA program. The International Division of the University will carry out the online MBA admission process for international students.
- As per the regulations set by AICTE, the applicants must be a graduate from any discipline with at least 50% for general category and 45% for reserved category.
- Applicants must have passed the OPENMAT entrance test of IGNOU conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- The total course can be completed in a minimum of two years and a maximum of five years.
- There is no age limit for admission to the program.
- The full program consists of a total of 21 courses, which will be conducted in four semesters.
- A project course equivalent to two courses will be included in the 21 courses.
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Financial Markets Practice
- Finance Management
- Operations Management
- Marketing Management
MBA Course details:
- Management Functions and Behaviour
- Management of Human Resources
- Economic and Social Environment
- Accounting and Finance for Managers
- Management of Machines and Materials
- Marketing for Managers
- Information Systems for Managers 8
- Quantitative Analysis for Managerial Applications
- Managerial Economics
- Strategic Management
- Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
- Financial Management (PGDFM)
- Operations Management (PGDOM)
- Marketing Management (PGDMM)
- Financial Markets Practice (PGDFMP)
- Organizational Design, Development & Change
- Research Methodology for Management Decisions
- Any two specialization courses of the students choice and a project course
- Semester IV:
- Advanced Strategic Management
- Three specialization courses from specialization stream opted in semester III and
- One optional course.
- The fee per course for the MBA program is Rs 1800/-
- The total fee for the program is Rs 37,800/- (for complete 21 programs).
- The candidates can make the payment through Bank Draft in favor of The IGNOU, payable at the city where the regional center is located.
The fee can be paid by Net Banking, Credit Card & Debit Card.
IGNOU MBA Registration Form
IGNOU provides the option for filling the MBA Registration form online. You can fill the MBA student registration form using the link given below. https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in/index.php/registration/user/register
Instructions for Filling the MBA Registration Form
- The details of the students like Name, Gender, etc. should be the same as given in the Educational certificates
- Students should provide the email address correctly as the registered email address will be required to login to the portal
- Always try to use the latest version of Google Chrome to login to the portal.
IGNOU MBA Last Date:
Due to the Kovid Pandemic situation, the last date for IGNOU MBA admission for 2020-2021 has been extended to 31st August 2020. The Applicants can submit the filled-in application form for the MBA program till 31st August, and the MBA entrance test (OPENMAT-XL) will be held only after August 2020.
IGNOU MBA Registration Online – Instructions to fill the form online
- First-time applicants should click the Online Admission system on the home page and select the MBA program
- Download the prospect of the course and read the details carefully
- Click on the link “New Registration” and fill the details required
- After filling the details, click on the button “Submit.”
- If the registration is successful, your username and password will be sent to your registered email and phone through SMS
- Remember and Save the Username and Password for future use
If you have already registered, you can go to the log in the section directly.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED ONLINE.
Applicants should submit the documents given below at the time submission of application form online
- Photograph of the Applicant
- Signature of the Applicant
- Proof of Age
- Copies of Educational Qualification
- Copies of Experience Certificate if any
- Copies of SC/ST/OBC Category Certificate if applicable
- Copy of Below Poverty Line (BPL) Certificate for fees concession
Suppose you face any issues in the filling and applying online. In that case, you can contact the admission section through email at email@example.com or contact the study center or Regional center for assistance.
Reasons why one should choose IGNOU over others?
- The University provides quality distance education, and anyone can pursue any course from the comfort of one’s home.
- The Government of India runs the IGNOU, and its courses are fully recognized by the University Grants Commission, AICTE and Distance Education Council, New Delhi.
- It provides quality education at minimal fees without compromising the structure of the educational standard.
- It provides well-curated and well-prepared study materials.
- Unlike regular education, students of IGNOU need not attend classes regularly. Because of leniency regarding attendance, IGNOU is opted by people who have a full-time or part-time job.
IGNOU MBA Registration- Frequently Asked Questions:
- How will the exams be conducted?
The program follows an evaluation system based on two components:
- Continuous evaluation in the form of assignments (30% weightage). Assignments are to be submitted to the study center.
- Term-end examination (70% weightage), which is held twice every year in June and December.
- How will the students receive learning materials and assignments?
Students can receive the study materials through postal service or download it from the IGNOU website as e-materials. Students can choose the option for study materials at the time of admission.
- Is IGNOU approved or recognized by the government of India?
IGNOU is recognized and approved by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), University Grant Commission (UGC-DEB) and Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- What is the registration fee for OPENMAT?
The registration fee for IGNOU OPENMAT is Rs 1000/-. Fee once paid for the entrance test is non-refundable.
- Where is the prospectus available for the IGNOU MBA program?
Prospectus for any program is available on the official website of IGNOU and can be downloaded free of cost.
- What is the total fee for the MBA program in IGNOU?
The total fee for the MBA program in IGNOU is Rs 38,700/- approx.
- When is OPENMAT conducted?
The OPENMAT test is held twice every year- summer and winter sessions. No fixed date has been announced yet, and the Student Evaluation Division will notify it.
- Can the admission be done directly for the MBA Program in IGNOU?
No, Interested candidates are required to appear for the OPENMAT conducted by IGNOU to seek admission for the MBA program. Only those candidates with valid scores will be eligible for admission.
- Is there any specific professional experience required to be eligible for admission to the MBA program in IGNOU?
No specific professional experience is required to be eligible for admission in IGNOU MBA program. However, candidates need to have a bachelor’s degree and the OPENMAT test score to be eligible for admission to the program.
- Can I change from one course to another after the registration is completed?
Students can change from one course to another one and a half months prior to the course’s commencement. Any changes will not be entertained after this period, and no refunds will be provided in such cases.
- Can students have additional specialization in the IGNOU MBA program?
Yes, students are allowed to opt for additional specialization from the given streams. However, scores will not be affected by the additional specialization and will not be reflected in the degree certificate. The University will issue an additional certificate for the additional course.
- Can a student pursue two or more courses concurrently?
Yes, students are allowed to pursue multiple courses concurrently.
- Is the cost of the study materials covered in the course fee?
The cost of all the study materials, both hard copy and a soft copy, are covered in the course fees, which should be paid before the commencement of the course.
- What are the required documents for admission to the MBA program in IGNOU?
- Passport photograph
- Photocopy of educational qualification (Self-attested)
- Original OPENMAT scorecard
- OPENMAT Original hall ticket
- Caste certificate for ST/SC/OBC students
- Identity Card
- What happens if a student cannot complete the program in 2 years?
If a student fails to complete the program in two years, he/she may revalidate the registration by paying the requisite fee of Rs1800/- per course by filling the online Re-registration form.
For further information, students can contact IGNOU School of Management Studies (SOMS) via firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in/
IGNOU MBA Admission Online/Distance- Help Line
Centralized Student Registration Cell: +91 11 29571301/29571528
Conclusion: We hope this article about IGNOU MBA Registration and IGNOU MBA Requirements has helped you. If you have any suggestions please contact us through the comment box below.