Telangana Model Schools were established in 2013 in educationally backward areas of Telangana to promote the educational requirements of the students in those educational backward blocks. Telangana State Model Schools are government schools operated by the government of Telangana. These are premiere schools meant to provide free education to the students of Telangana who belong to backward classes and are not economically sound. The schools operate from class 6 to class 10 and for Intermediate students separately. Admission to Telangana Model Schools in Hyderabad is granted based on an admission test.
The medium of teaching is English, and all the teachers are highly qualified. Along with education; books, uniforms and stationery are also provided free of cost to the students of TS Model Schools. Many other facilities are also provided to the students without charging any fees. Read on to know more about the facilities of Telangana Model Schools Hyderabad Telangana and the complete admission process.
- 1 TS Model Schools in Hyderabad – Overview
- 1.1 Online Admission Procedure
- 1.2 Telangana Model School Admission – Timeline
- 1.3 Salient features of TS Model Schools
- 1.4 Telangana Model School Admission Test Fee
- 1.5 Model School Admission Examination Pattern
- 1.6 The pattern of Question Papers
- 1.7 How to download the Submitted Application Form?
- 1.8 Mode Of Admission:
TS Model Schools in Hyderabad – Overview
|Title||TS Model School Admission|
|Motive||Admission to various TS Model Schools for Class 6 to Class 10|
|Mode of Admission||Admission Test|
|Beneficiaries||Students who belong to economically backward families and backward classes.|
|Official Name of Test||i.Class 6 Admission: TSMS VI CLASS-2023.ii. Class 7 to Class 10 Admission: TSMS VII TO X CLASS-2023.|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Online Admission Procedure
Students satisfying the eligibility criteria for admissions can pay the admission fees through mee-Seva online centres and get the General Number after the payment of the examination fees. After getting the General number, the students have to apply for admission online at the TS model school admission website http://telanganams.cgg.gov.in/
Instruction for online submission
- A sample application form may be downloaded and filled before the final submission of the application
- Submitting incorrect information online will lead to cancellation of the admission without notice to the applicants; hence care should be taken while filling the online form.
- The candidates will alone be responsible for any wrong information submitted, and no correction will be entertained after the submission of application online.
Seat Reservation Rules:
- Students belong to SC Community: 15%
- Students belong to ST Community: 6%
Backward Community Students
1: 29% as per the below details
Group –A- 7%
Group- D- 7%
Gourp – E- 4%
1.Physically Challenged Students: 3%
2.Girls from all categories:33.3%
3. Students from general category: 50%
1.If a sufficient number of students are not available to fill up the reserved seats, the vacant positions in that category will be filled up by the suitable candidates from other categories.
2.The details of the list of model schools, number of seats and application formats are available for download on the official website of Telangana model school.
Telangana Model School Admission – Timeline
|Notification of TS Model School Admission 2023||28 January 2023|
|Online Payment of Admission Test Fee||i. Class 6: 03 February 2023 to 29 February 2023.ii. Class 7 to Class 10: 07February 2023 to 02 March 2023.|
|Online Application submission||i. Class 6: 04 February 2023 to 29 February 2023.
ii. Class 7 to Class 10: 08 February 2023 to 02 March 2023.
|Downloading of Hall Ticket (Admit Card)||09 April 2023 to 12 April 2023|
|Admission Test||The Admission Test has been postponed until further notice (Earlier Date: 12 April 2023)|
|Exam Centres||District Head Quarters of TS Model Schools|
|Result Announcement||Postponed till further notice|
|Selection List finalisation||Postponed till further notice|
|Announcement of Selection List||Postponed till further notice|
|Verification of Documents of the selected students||Postponed till further notice|
|Commencement of Academic Class||As per the Academic Calendar|
Salient features of TS Model Schools
- Free education to students in English Medium Schools
- Pucca School buildings for all TS Model Schools.
- Free textbooks to students from VI to Intermediate.
- Free Mid-Day Meals for all students from Classes VI to X.
- Free Uniform from class VI to Intermediate.
- Free Hostel facility for girl students
- Free use of Science and Computer Laboratories
- Digital Classes to all students
- Free access to library
- Free Coaching for competitive exams like llT/JEE/NEET/EAMCET/CA/TPT/CS etc
Number of Seats:
- Every class will have 100 seats in class VI
- Lateral entry will be provided as per the available vacancies for class VII to Class X subject to the availability.
Telangana Model School Admission Test Fee
The Examination Fee charged to appear for the TS Model School Admission Test 2023 is very nominal.
For Economically Backward Classes/ SC/ ST – INR 75
For Others – INR 150
Model School Admission 2023 –Age Criteria
As mentioned above, admission to TS Model Schools is offered to students based on an admission test. To appear for the Admission Test, candidates have to fulfil the age criteria mentioned below.
Candidates applying should have attained the age mentioned alongside the class on or before 31st August to be eligible for admission to the current academic year (2023 – 2024).
- Class 6: 10 years of age.
- Class 7: 11 years of age.
- Class 8: 12 years of age.
- Class 9: 13 years of age.
- Class 10: 14 years of age.
To be eligible to apply for TS Model School Admission 2023, a candidate should fulfil any one of the below-mentioned criteria:
- The student should be a native (domicile) of the Mandal where the school is located.
- The student should have studied at least one of the two previous two classes in a government recognised school in the Mandal where the school is located.
For example, if a student wants to apply for admission to class 6, he or she should have either studied class 4 or class 5 in a government recognised school located in the Mandal where the model school is present.
The syllabus of TS Model School Admission Test 2023 is mentioned below:
Class 6 – Syllabus of Class 5.
Class 7 – Syllabus of Class 6.
Class 8 – Syllabus of Class 7.
Class 9 – Syllabus of Class 8.
Class 10 – Syllabus of Class 9.
Model School Admission Examination Pattern
As mentioned above, the admission test is conducted for two categories
Class VI Admission: TSMS VI CLASS-2023.
Class VII to Class X Admission: TSMS VII TO X CLASS-2023.
Examination Pattern for Class 6:
The Admission Test for admission to Class 6 is divided into 4 sections. As mentioned above, the test is based on the syllabus of class 5. All the questions are Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in objective form.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
|Science & Social (E.V.S.)||25||25|
- The duration of the examination is 2 hours.
- Type of Questions- Objective
- There is no negative marking.
- Mathematics and E.V.S. sections will be available in English & Telugu.
Examination Pattern for Class 7 to Class 10:
The Admission Test for class 7 to class 10 is divided into 4 sections. The syllabus for each class is mentioned above. The questions are objective type questions asked in MCQ form (Multiple Choice Question).
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
The pattern of Question Papers
The model of questions for Class VI will be based on the syllabus of Class V, For Class based on VII based on the curriculum of VI, Class VIII based on VII Class, Class IX on Class VIII syllabus and Class X on the syllabus of class IX. More information about the question pattern is given below.
- Questions on Mathematics, General Science and Social Studies will be available in both Telugu and English.
- The duration of the test is 2 hours.
- There is no negative marking.
- Admission will be granted based on open vacancies as on the date of admission.
How to download the Submitted Application Form?
If any candidate wants to download his or her Application Form for TS Model School Admission 2023, he or she can follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of TS Model School Admission 2023.
Step 2: On the homepage, under the ‘Candidates Zone’, click on ‘Download Submitted Application’.
Step 3: In the new page that opens, select the appropriate notification.
Step 4: You can either use your ‘Candidate ID’ or ‘Journal Number’ to download the application form. Along with that, you will have to enter your Date of Birth and captcha.
Step 5: After filling all the correct details, click on ‘SUBMIT’.
Step 6: You Application Form will get downloaded.
Mode Of Admission:
The mode of admission for all TS Models schools across the state will be through the admission test only. The seats will be filled up based on the score of admission test and seat reservation rules for the certified community will be provided as per the Government rules. More details about the admission procedure are given below.
Local Status of the Candidates seeking admission:
Listed below are the criteria to decide the local status of the students seeking admission in the model schools
- Students of the erstwhile block by virtue of domicile on the location of the model school OR
- The students who have studied previous classes in Govt Schools or schools approved by the Telangana Government in the blocks on the area of the model school.
Note: TSMS Class VI and Class VII- X exams for 2023 are postponed due to state lockdown. The next date will be intimated later.
Model School Admission – Important Instructions
- All the information mentioned by the students should be correct. Any incorrect information may lead to cancellation of the application.
- At the time of admission, the candidate should produce his or her birth certificate and caste certificate.
- Students should keep passport size photographs handy during the admission process.
- No correction will be entertained concerning the online application.
- Students will be granted an admission strictly based on the merit list.
Model School Helpdesk
If you are facing any problems related to the Online Application Submission and Download of Hall-Tickets Please contact on the Helpline numbers given below.
Phone: 040-23120335, 23120336
(From 10.30 A.M to 1.00 P.M & 02.00 P.M to 05.00 PM Monday to Friday)
The office will be closed on Sundays & Public Holidays.