Kannur University, located in Kannur Kerala, was established in 1996 and is accredited by NAAC with ‘B’ grade. It is well known in Kerala for research studies. The university has a very high reputation for Doctoral courses. The university offers about 40 research programs for PhD scholars. Other than that, Kannur University is also well known for the top-class undergraduate and postgraduate courses it provides. Kannur University PhD admission details like entrance examination, eligibility criteria, entrance results, and other information are given below.
There are about 40 Doctoral Research & Teaching courses offered by Kannur University. A PhD from Kannur University holds a very high value. A PhD course at Kannur University can be pursued Full Time and Part-Time.
To obtain admission to a Ph.D. program at Kannur University, a candidate needs to hold a Master’s degree from a Government recognized university with at least 55% overall marks. The admission form for admission to a Ph.D. program at Kannur University will be available at the universities’ official site.
To obtain admission to a PhD program at Kannur University, a candidate will have to appear for an Entrance Test conducted by the university and qualify it. After qualifying the Entrance Test, the candidate will have to appear for a Doctoral interview at the university.
The overall performance of the candidate in the Entrance Test and Interview is taken into consideration in the admission process. The total duration of a Ph.D. course at Kannur University is three years to 6 years. Women candidates get two-year relaxation.
If you are interested in obtaining admission to a Ph.D. program at Kannur University, keep reading to know about the Eligibility criteria, Selection process, Entrance Test, and Courses offered.
PhD Admission: Eligibility Criteria
The eligible candidates who have applied for admission to a PhD program at Kannur University will have to appear for an Entrance Test conducted by the university and qualify it.
- The Entrance Test will be written and of 100 marks. The total duration will be of 3 hours.
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test will be based on the curriculum for UGC/CSIR/NET examinations.
- The qualifying mark is 50% for general candidates.
- For OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates, the qualifying mark is 45%.
- For SC/ST candidates, the qualifying mark is 40%.
- If a candidate qualifies the Entrance Test, he or she will be called for a Doctoral Interview at the university.
- The admission of the candidate depends on his or her overall performance in the Entrance Test and Interview.
- The result of the entrance test will be displayed on the university website and the candidates recommended by the Doctoral Committee will be given admission to the PhD program.
The following candidates are exempted from the Entrance Test:
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET/ JRF, UGC-CSIR-NET/ JRF.
- Candidates who are ICMRJRF/ KSCSTE/ ICAR Fellows.
- Kannur University-affiliated teachers.
Kannur University PhD Admission: How to Apply?
Step 1: Visit the official website of the university.
Step 2: Register and fill in all your details.
Step 3: Submit the Application.
Step 4: The Application & Entrance Test fees are INR 610, which shall be paid through SBI collect. To pay, click the link “Online fee payment SBI Collect” on the University website.
Step 5: Take the print-out of the application. Attest and attach the relevant documents. Mail it to Kannur University Campus.
- Print out of the online application form. The photograph should be self-attested.
- Attested copy of PG Certificate (Master’s degree) and mark-sheet.
- A Certificate from the university concerned showing the aggregate percentage of marks scored in the Master’s degree under grading pattern (if applicable).
- Fellowship award letter of UGC, CSIR, ICAR, ICMR, KSCSTE, or others (if applicable).
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Disability Certificate (if applicable).
PhD Courses Available
The following PhD programs are offered by Kannur University:
Agricultural Statistics, Anthropology, Arabic, Biochemistry & Immunology, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce & Management Studies, Economics, Education, English, Geography, Geology, Hindi, History, Horticulture, Information Technology, Journalism & Communication, Kannada, Library & Information Sciences, Life Science, Malayalam, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Biochemistry, Medicine, Molecular Biology, Music, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Philosophy, Psychology., Physical Education, Physics, Photochemistry, Political Science, Sanskrit, Sociology.Statistics, Travel & Tourism Management. Urdu , Zoology etc…
How can Study Sure Help You?
If you want to obtain admission to a PhD program at Kannur University, be sure to contact us for guidance. We help PhD aspirants to get admission in their choice of a university by providing all the required information.
Contact us for admission guidance of Part-Time PhD in all subjects in Kerala, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh Etc…
Part- Time PhD in Kerala
PhD in Computer Science in Kerala
PhD Distance in India
PhD Part Time Admission in India
Cusat PhD Admission
Disclaimer: Studysure does not provide any ready to submit thesis, research papers, or any assistance for peparing thesis, synopsis, research proposals etc.