PhD stands for Doctor of Philosophy and is done after completing Masters in a subject. Many students after finishing M.Tech, M.Sc or MCA in Computer Science opt for a PhD course because of the great value it adds. Computer Science is one of the best fields to pursue higher education. The demand for computer science experts is very high in India and other countries. So, it is no doubt that a PhD in Computer Science is highly valuable. Scholars can opt for PhD program in Computer science either full time or part-time in Kerala.
The duration of part-time Ph.D in Computer Science in Kerala takes 3 to 5 years. This research program in computer science is pursued after passing a Masters degree like M.Tech, M.Sc or MCA. Many universities in India offer Part-Time PhD programs in Computer Science.
This research program is meant for students who are looking to do research and analysis work in the field of Computer Science. This research program is highly beneficial for students who aim to secure jobs at the topmost positions in top IT companies in India and countries like the USA, Canada, Singapore, Germany, UK and Australia.
The fee of the course ranges anywhere between INR 11,000 to INR 2,50,000 depending on the college or the university. As mentioned earlier, Part-Time PhD in Computer Science is offered by many colleges and universities in Kerala and it is as good as a Full-Time PhD.
Part Time PhD in Computer Science and Engineering in Kerala
As the world is advancing, so are computers. We have reached a time where we can’t imagine a life without computers and technology. With the increase in our dependency on computers, many different fields have emerged that claim to make our lives better and easy.
Networking, Data, Digital Electronics, Software Development, Nanotechnology, Electronic Circuitry, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and many other fields have emerged in the exponential growth of the Computer Science industry. There is a lot of uncharted territory in the field of Computer Science and engineering in India that is looking to be discovered.
Computer Science is one of the top fields for an individual to get into as it will only grow in the coming future. All these reasons have made a sharp increase in the demand for experts in the field of Computer Science. Here is where a PhD in Computer Science comes in. A PhD program in Computer Science in Kerala offers candidates to study and research the dominion of Computer Science and enables themselves with all the necessary requirements to do something big in the sector.
Benefits of PhD Degree in Computer Science (Full Time & Part-Time)
Professionals with a PhD in computer science have distinct advantages as most of the top companies reserve their high-level positrons for PhD holders. Moreover, with the rising demand for technical expertise like artificial intelligence, companies are increasing, including doctoral degree holders in IT and research-based companies.
PhD holders in computer science can start their own research-based companies or teach at the postgraduate level. PhD degree holders are exempted from the NET/SET, and SLET for recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor.
As per the latest UGC circular, PhD holders are now eligible for direct recruitment as an assistant professor in colleges and universities in Kerala like Mahatma Gandhi University (MG University ) Kerala University, Calicut University, Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Kerala Technological University (KTU) Kannur University and other universities.
Both full-time and part-time PhD programs can be pursued in the computer laboratory under the guidance of a supervisor. Some of the major advantages of a PhD degree are listed below:
- Computer Science is one of the best courses of study for an individual to pursue. There is a very high demand for Computer Science experts in the market and it will only increase by time.
- There are many different fields of research & study one can pursue while doing a PhD in Computer Science. There are many lucrative & interesting fields that can be explored including Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Quantum Computing, Robotics, Computational Biology, Cloud Computing, Nanotechnology, Data Mining, Fuzzy Logic and many others. Experts in these fields earn a very good amount of money.
- Computer Science is a very interesting subject and there is always something new to know. It will never get old and boring.
- Most of the time to obtain high-level and topmost positions in a good technology company, an individual must possess a PhD in Computer Science. So, if one is looking to secure his or her dream job of a top position in a tech giant, he or she must obtain a PhD in Computer Science.
- If it is someone’s dream of working in ISRO, NASA, or any other Space or Atomic agency, holding a PhD in Computer Science can be a huge plus point.
- The average salary of a fresh PhD pass-out is anywhere between INR 50,000 to INR 1,50,000 in India.
- By holding a PhD in Computer Science, one can easily teach in prestigious universities as well as do research work simultaneously.
Who Should OPT for PhD in Computer Science?
- Students who have been pursuing Computer Science as their major subject in Bachelors & Masters.
- Individuals who want to get into research in the field of Computer Science.
- Individuals who want to learn about cutting-edge modern fields like Artificial Intelligence, Quantum Computing, Robotics, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, Nanotechnology, and many others.
- Individuals who want to secure top tier jobs at tech giants.
- Individuals who want to work in Space & Atomic agencies like ISRO, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, etc.
- Individuals who want to teach in prestigious universities.
Job Profiles for PhD Computer Science Holders
- Computer Hardware Engineer.
- Electrical Engineer.
- Software Developer.
- Computer Network Architect.
- Information Research Scientist.
- Website Developer.
- Information Technology Manager.
- Data Modeler.
- Security Architect.
- Computer Data Researcher & Analyst.
- University Professor.
Eligibility for PhD in Computer Science – Part Time & Full Time in Universities in Kerala.
An individual applying for PhD in Computer Science in Kerala Universities must have passed Masters Course from a recognized university with at least 55% marks (some universities require 60% for admission). For reserved category candidates, 45% to 50% is required depending on the university. Certain universities also require individuals to pass entrance tests like GATE and CSIR NET.
Ph.D. in Computer Science in Kerala: Highlights
|Course Name||PhD in Computer Science|
|Program Type||Full Time & Part-Time|
|Duration of Course||3-5 Years|
|Structure of Course||Based on Semester Exam /Yearly exam|
|Eligibility||Master Degree in the relevant subject from any recognized
college/university with a
minimum of 55% marks (relaxation applicable for reserved category candidates)
|Job Prospects||Software development, Artificial Intelligence, Hardware manufacturing,
Website management, Cloud computing, Teaching and Research etc
|Job Profiles||Software Developer, Hardware Engineer, Assistant Professor, Professor,
Information Research Scientist, Network Engineer etc.
|Course Fee||INR 12,000 to 1,50,000/Year|
|Expected Salary after PhD||From INR 50,000 to 2,50000/Month|
Universities & Colleges offering PhD in Computer Science in Kerala
In Kerala, computer science is one of the most demanding fields of studies for doctoral research programs. There are several universities in Kerala that provide excellent research programs in computer science. Below is the list of Universities and Colleges offering PhD in Computer Science in Kerala.
- Cochin University of Science and Technology
- Kerala University
- Kerala Technological University (KTU)
- Kannur University
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Kochi
- Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit etc..
For the new Ph.D regulations and admission criteria please visit the website of the universities before taking admission.
How Can We Help ?
Study Sure provides updated information regarding the Part-Time PhD Programs in computer science in Kerala We help you to find the best options for colleges and universities in the domain of computer science.
We provide full assistance and guidance throughout the admission process of part-time PhD programs in Kerala and other states. Contact us if you require information about the best universities and colleges offering full time and part-time PhD programs in computer science in Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, and Rajasthan and other parts of the country.
We also provide the below assistance for Ph.D. Computer Science Programs.
- Entrance Test Preparation
- Previous Question Papers
- List of colleges offering PhD in Computer Science
Contact us for admission guidance of PhD programs in MP, Rajasthan, Etc… Please Call 8086000842 Or Click to Send Enquiry
Part- Time PhD in Kerala
PhD Distance in India
PhD Part Time Admission in India
CUSAT PhD Admission
PhD in Courses in India
Disclaimer: Studysure does not provide any ready to submit thesis, research papers, or any assistance for peparing thesis, synopsis, research proposals etc.