Kerala University (also known as University of Kerala ) is situated in Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala. Established in the year 1937, it is one of the top Universities of India. Kerala University is a NAAC accredited University with Grade ‘A’ and offers top academic courses in Undergraduate, Postgraduate and PhD level. It provides about 60 different research programs in various fields of study and Kerala University PhD Admission is among the most competitive in south India.
A candidate can pursue a PhD at Kerala University in either a Full-Time mode of study or Part-Time mode of study. To obtain admission in a PhD program at Kerala University, a candidate must have a Master’s degree with at least 55% marks. For admission in a PhD program at Kerala University, the candidate will have to qualify the Entrance Test which is conducted by the University. If the candidate qualifies the Entrance Test, he or she will be called for an interview at the University.
The overall performance of the candidate will determine the admission. So, if you want to pursue a PhD in Kerala and have fulfilled all the eligibility criteria, you should apply for admission at Kerala University.
The application form for admission is available on the official website of Kerala University. Read on to know more about the Eligibility, the programs offered, the admission process, and how to apply for admission at Kerala University.
PhD Eligibility Criteria
If a candidate is seeking admission in a PhD program at Kerala University, he or she must fulfill the following Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidate must hold a Master’s degree in a relevant subject from a Government recognized University. The degree must be equivalent to the Master’s Degree at Kerala University.
- The minimum required marks in the Master’s degree is 55% overall or equivalent grade.
- If the candidate holds an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution, he or she can also apply.
- Candidates who have passed M.Phil from a Government recognized University with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade is eligible to apply.
- An individual whose M.Phil dissertation has been evaluated but the viva score is pending can also apply.
- Candidates in their final year of study of Master’s degree who haven’t received their final results can apply.
Relaxation of minimum marks required in the Master’s degree is allowed to the candidates who fall in the below categories:
- SC & ST candidates get a 10% marks relaxation from 55% to 45%.
- OBC candidates get a 5% marks relaxation from 55% to 50%.
- PWD candidates get a 10% marks relaxation from 55% to 45% or as declared by the UGC.
PhD Admission Process
The admission in Ph.D. program at Kerala University depends on the overall performance of the candidate in the Entrance Test & Interview.
- The candidates who have applied for admission will have to appear for the Entrance Test.
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test is available on Kerala Universities’ official website.
- If a candidate passes the entrance test, he or she will be called for an interview at the University.
- The admission depends on the overall performance of the candidate in the Entrance Test and Interview.
- If the candidate qualifies, there will be document verification, and the candidate will be admitted to the University.
The candidates falling under the following categories are exempted from the Entrance Test:
- Candidates who have qualified Government Exams including UGC NET, CSIR NET, SLET, State Eligibility Test, GATE, GPAT, and others.
- Candidates who are Fellowship Awardees of UGC JRF/ CSIR JRF/ CSIR SRF/ DST INSPIRE.
- The candidates selected for Fellowship by the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology & Environment.
- Candidates who hold M.Phil alongside their Master’s degree from a Government recognized University.
- Full-Time teachers of the Colleges or Departments affiliated to Kerala University.
Kerala University PhD Admission: How to Apply?
Step 1: Visit the official website of Kerala University and register yourself.
Step 2: Enter all the required information.
Step 3: Enter all your academic qualifications.
Step 4: Upload supporting documents.
Step 5: Upload your photograph & signature.
Step 6: Pay the application fee, which is INR 525 for general candidates and INR 265 for reserved candidates.
Step 7: Take a print-out for future reference.
Kerala University Resarch Portal
The Research Portal of Kerala University is the single point window for managing all the research activities of the University. Currently, all research programs in various topics are monitored by the departments and centers of teaching and research departments of the University.
The website link of the research portal of Kerala University is given below. You can visit the research portal for information regarding the List of Ph.D. Awardees, List of PhD Scholars, PhD Entrance Results, List of Kerala University Approved Journals, Online Registration, etc.
PhD Courses Offerd in Kerala University
The list of Ph.D. programs offered by Kerala University is mentioned below:
- Aquatic Biology & Fisheries.
- Communication & Journalism.
- Computer Science.
- Environmental Sciences.
- Future Studies.
- Management Studies.
- Islamic Studies.
- Library & Information Science.
- Home Science.
- Physical Education.
- Social Work.
- Computational Biology & Bioinformatics.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE).
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE).
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE).
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Basic Medical Science.
- Medicine & Allied Specialties.
- Surgery & Allied Specialties.
- Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Highlights of Kerala University PhD Admission Forms & Downloads
- PhD Fees Structure W.e.f 2019
- PhD Registration
- Part time PhD programs
- PhD circular for Open Defence
- PhD Entrance examination-2020
- PhD Entrance examination results
- Checklist for thesis submission
- PhD entrance syllabus
- PhD entrance notifications
- PhD entrance question papers (previous)
- PhD notification
- Details of colleges & research centres under Kerala University
Download Kerala University PhD application form, Notifications, Registration forms and other details here
How We Can Help You?
If you are looking to obtain admission in a Ph.D. program at Kerala University, you can contact us for the details of PhD entrance syllabus, PhD entrance exam date, PhD entrance notification, Application form and other details regarding PhD programs in the University of Kerala.
We make sure that students get all the information and details regarding the admission process of Kerala University or any other University. We help students to apply properly for admission and prepare them for the Entrance Test & Interview.
Contact us for admission guidance of Part Time PhD in all subjects in Kerala, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh Etc…
Disclaimer: Studysure does not offer any academic writing services.We do not provide any ready to submit thesis, research papers, or any assistance for peparing thesis, synopsis, research proposals etc.