Are you a dentist and are looking to pursue MDS from a foreign country? If yes, Germany should be one of your top-priority study destinations. Germany offers an excellent quality of education in medical master courses, and thousands of international students visit Germany every year to pursue MDS. If you are interested in studying MDS in Germany after BDS in India, this article may be for you.
Now that Germany is sorted as one of your top priority study destinations, you need to know all the details about pursuing MDS in Germany, which we covered. In this article, we will cover all the relevant information about how you can pursue MDS in Germany, the benefits of studying in Germany, the eligibility criteria, the best universities, the tuition fee, the cost of living, and other details.
- 1 MDS in Germany – Top Study Destination of Dental Students
MDS in Germany – Top Study Destination of Dental Students
For Dental students, MDS (Master of Dental Sciences) has become a compulsory course because of the growing competition of dentists all around the world. Every year, several dentists pursue MDS to upskill themselves and also to learn cutting-edge medical skills in the field of dentistry. If you are a dental doctor with a BDS degree, you should surely think about pursuing MDS.
To pursue MDS, Germany has become one of the top destinations for several dental students. Germany is the most advanced country in designing medical equipment and offers exposure to cutting-edge medical technology. The quality of dental studies offered in German dental colleges is also among the best in the world. There are various other factors that we will discuss further in the article, making Germany one of the best countries to pursue MDS after completing BDS from India and other countries.
Germany is one of the world’s most influential and respected countries and home to some of the world’s most important cities, including the capital city Berlin. It is also home to the largest parliament in the world and has been the seat of Germany’s Government since reunification.
Germany is a major country and, at times, is referred to as Europe’s leading economy. Its economy is based on steel, automobile manufacturing, and other heavy industries. The country has the highest number of steel manufacturers in the world. Its cities are full of steel companies, and it is also a leading producer of wind turbines. The German culture facts include its long history of trade with the west and its ability to keep the peace within its boundaries.
There are many German lessons that you can gain from this country. You will learn about its historical and cultural heritage as well as the current political situation. The capital city also has a rich history and is full of many interesting Germans bars and clubs.
About German Education
German education standards are quite high. As the German school system has such a well-structured and rigorous curriculum, students who attend it are some of the best in the world.
Tuition fees are low or non-existent.
Germany is the only country that does not charge tuition fees at top universities, even though higher education is increasingly necessary. Since 2014, the German Government decided that international students studying at German public universities would no longer pay tuition fees. Only a few administrative costs will be required for foreign students, such as student union fees and public transport tickets. These charges come around only Rs 19500 per semester.
How to Apply?
Route -1 (A1 to B2 German language training in India & Medical training in Germany)
- Step 1 – You will have to enrol yourself in a German language program to obtain the B2 level qualification in German.
- Step 2 – Once you have the B2/C1 qualification, you can apply for recognition of your qualification
- Step 3 – Apply for Visa
- Step 3 – Complete FSP (Medical Training Program) in Germany
- Step 4 – After Passing FSP, you will get a temporary license
- Step 5 –Work as a junior doctor and complete MDS while working as a dentist
- Step 6- Apply for a permanent license to practice as a dentist in Germany.
Route -2. Work as a Dentist in Germany
If you wish to work as a dentist in Germany after BDS in India, below are the steps.
Apply for any 1-year program related to health or German language training program in Germany.
No need to learn the German language in India. ( A1 to B2/C1 + Medical Training in Germany)
- Learn the German language in Germany upto B2 level & Pass Fachsprachprüfung( FSP)
- After clearing the FSP, you will get a temporary medical license to practice as a dentist in Germany, valid for two years.
- Apply for Kenntnisprufung (Permanent License) during this period and continue your practice with an increased salary and other perks.
N.B. Please note that MDS in Germany is not a paid course and the course structure is entirely different in Germany. You can apply for MDS in Germany while working as a dentist in Germany with salary.
Option-3 . Work Permit Option (Best Option with a Job)
Below is the work permit option for Dentists to Work in Germany.
Step -1. Learn the German language in India.
Step- 2. Reach Germany on a work permit with a salary (Dental Assistant)
Step -3.Get familiar with German dentistry and later join the FSP program.
Step -4. After clearing the FSP, You can leave the job and work as an Assistant Doctor.
Step -5. Later apply for a permanent license and get MDS in 4 to 5 years.
This program does not require a blocked account as it is a work permit program, not a study program. We assist in Job and placement as an Assistant Doctor in Germany and on-arrival assistance. Please contact us if you are interested in joining this program or want more details
How Can We Help?
We can assist you with a German study visa, or Job visa ,German language training FSP (Medical Training), and assistance for placement in Germany. For more details and MDS in Germany Cost Send Your Enquiry
Why Study MDS in Germany After BDS in India?
Germany is one of the top places for higher education, a country with countless top-ranked universities and courses. Germany is rich in history and has a dynamic and vibrant lifestyle that combines modern and traditional.
This country is consistently ranked as one of the top international student destinations. The latest statistics show that more than 368,000 international students are pursuing a degree in Germany.
Mentioned below are a few reasons that might compel you to pursue MDS in Germany after BDS from India.
- Quality of Dental Education–As mentioned above, the quality of medical education offered in Germany is top-notch. Germany is well-known for its continuous innovation in the medical field, which attracts the best medical talent in the world to study in Germany. In terms of dental studies, Germany has some of the top specialist dental universities in the world. Also, if we talk about innovation in dental equipment, Germany ranks number 1 in the world. This implies that German dental colleges offer good quality education and exposure towards innovation in the dental field.
- Global Recognition – Dental degrees obtained from Germany have great global recognition. All the German dental colleges are accredited by international medical organizations like the WHO and World Medical Association. Global recognition of the German MDS degree ensures that you can easily practice dentistry in almost all the countries of the world without any additional certification.
- Quality of life – The quality of life in Germany ranks among the best in the world. This means that students don’t face any problems while pursuing MDS in Germany. In addition to this, German people are very welcoming and have a great educational culture.
- Affordable tuition fee & cost of living – Compared to other developed countries like the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada, and others, pursuing MDS in Germany is relatively low. Along with that, the cost of living is also relatively cheap compared to other countries of the European Union.
- Career prospects & handsome salary – After completing MDS in Germany, dental professionals get lucrative job offers with a handsome pay of around € 50,000 to € 120,000 yearly, based on experience.
- Permanent Residence Visa – After you have obtained MDS in Germany and worked there for at least three years, you can apply for a permanent residence visa. So, if you have the dream of practising dentistry in a foreign country, you should pursue MDS in Germany.
- Learn German–One of the best side benefits of pursuing MDS in Germany is that you will learn German. Fluency in the German language will be beneficial for interacting with your patients during your mandatory internship and your dentistry career.
Highlights of MDS Course in Germany after BDS in India
If you are a dental student who has studied BDS in India, pursuing MDS in Germany is a great option. Unlike India, you don’t have to sit for various PG entrance exams to pursue MDS in Germany. Also, the quality of dental studies in Germany is superior compared to India. You will get better exposure in Germany and get several career prospects after obtaining your MDS in Germany.
Germany is a powerhouse in terms of medical equipment, i.e., if you want to enter the field of dental equipment designing, Germany is the best place to pursue a higher degree in dental sciences. You will also get the chance to collaborate with the renowned medical societies and medical unions of Europe.
The process of applying for MDS in Germany is quite simple and hassle-free. As one of the best German education consultants, we help you and guide you along the way if you face any problems.
Top Universities to pursue Dentistry in Germany
- The Philips University of Marburg.
- Rheinisch – WestfälischeTechn. Hochschule, Aachen.
- The University of Berlin.
- The University of Bonn.
- The University of Cologne.
- The University of Frankfurt.
- University of Göttingen.
- The University of Hamburg.
- The University of Leipzig.
- The University of Mainz.
- University of Tübingen.
MDS in Germany – Eligibility Criteria
You will have to apply for Facharzt, which is the medical specialization course for four years. While pursuing Facharzt, you will study as well as work part-time in a partner hospital of the university. There are two major eligibility requirements if you want to pursue MDS under Facharzt in Germany from a top university:
- The knowledge of the German language of at least B1/C1 level.
- You will have to clear the medical training (FSP). This is a mandatory requirement for practising medicine in Germany.
Along with the above requirements, international students also have to fulfil the following requirements:
- The student should have obtained their BDS degree from a government-recognized medical university.
- Should be medically fit
- The student should possess a valid passport.
- The student should possess a “Motivation Letter”.
- Should have license to practice in India or any other country.
MDS in Germany Cost
As the majority of German universities are state-funded, the tuition fee for pursuing MDS in Germany is quite less. The average tuition fee ranges from € 200 to € 300 per semester. If you pursue MDS from a private university, the tuition fee is around € 1500 per semester.
After a couple of semesters, you will have to start your mandatory internship, where you will get paid a monthly stipend of € 1,000 to € 1,200. This will be enough to cover the tuition fee for your studies.
Cost of Living in Germany
If you live on-campus in a hostel, you will be charged around € 400 to € 600 per month for dwelling and food. If you decide to live off-campus, it will cost you about € 700 to € 900 per month, including rent, food, and transportation. This is quite cheap as compared to other nations of the European Union.
Required Documents for Study MDS in Germany
- Degree and Mark-sheet of BDS.
- Class 12 Result.
- Class 10 Result.
- Letter of Motivation for pursuing MDS.
- “Academic Recommendation Letter” from the medical college where you pursued BDS.
- Valid Passport.
- Passport size photographs.
- Proof of German competency – C1 Level.
- Proof of Indian citizenship.
- Health Certificate.
- Vaccination Certificate of COVID-19.
- Experience Certificate (If you have worked in a hospital
MDS in Germany – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Can I pursue MDS in Germany after BDS in India?
Yes, you can pursue MDS in Germany after BDS in India. Several Indian dental students are currently studying MDS in Germany.
- What is the tuition fee of studying MDS in Germany?
The tuition fee of studying MDS in Germany is about € 200 to € 300 per semester for government universities and around € 1500 per semester for private universities.
- What is the salary after pursuing MDS in Germany?
Dental professionals who have obtained MDS in Germany are offered around € 50,000 to € 120,000 yearly.
- Is the BDS degree Valid for Germany?
There are 30 dental schools in Germany. Germany offers a program in Dentistry and Dentistry that can lead to master’s or bachelor’s degrees. After completing their medical research, students can apply for the EU Blue Card to become a Dentist in Germany. This allows professionals to work in Germany legally.
- Is there a demand for dentists in Germany?
Yes. There is great demand for dentists is increasing every day, especially in smaller cities and rural areas. This trend is also growing in popularity among young doctors who are aspiring to be dentists. Germany is the best place for Indian doctors for their higher studies and work.
- What is the average salary of a doctor in Germany?
Salary expectations: The average gross salary per annum of assistant doctors in Germany is around 66,000 and 85,000 Euros for specialist doctors. You are typically promoted in hospitals based on your years of experience and qualifications, and your salary rises accordingly.
Also Read: Study in Germany Consultants in Kerala
Are you looking for guidance for BDS or MDS in Germany? Contact us now for guidance, Admission assistance and other information.
Send Your Enquiry