Jiwaji University is a State Government University located in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh. The University was established in 1964. Today it is one of the top universities located in Central India. Currently, there are around 400 colleges affiliated to the University. It offers a variety of courses at different academic levels. The details of the Admission, Courses, Affiliated Colleges and other information are available on Jiwaji University MP Online portal https://jiwaji.mponline.gov.in/portal/
Jiwaji University is accredited with grade ‘A’ by NAAC, and it is a highly prestigious university. Every year, thousands of students from different parts of the world apply to get admission to various courses offered by Jiwaji University.
Jiwaji University currently offers 21 undergraduate courses and 64 postgraduate courses. In addition to that, it also offers Doctoral programs in various disciplines via PhD, M.Phil and pre-doctoral programs. There are around 41 doctoral courses and 22 pre-doctoral courses. It also provides six courses in Diploma and PG Diploma programs.
The admission at Jiwaji University for the current session (2023-2024) is currently going on. The admission process for all the courses is conducted via either entrance exam or merit-based admission. On the whole, all the entrance based examinations require at least 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam, and merit-based admissions require at least 45% aggregate marks. The University also offers relaxation to reserved category students.
Jiwaji University MP Online -Admissions
- B.Tech/ BE – Admission to Engineering courses like B.Tech and BE in Jiwaji University is conducted based on JEE Main scores along with marks secured in Class 12 (10+2) with compulsory PCM.
- B.Com/ BBA/ BCA/ BTM/ LLB/ BHMCT/ MJMC/ LLM – Admission to these courses are offered based on the Entrance Exam conducted by the University.
- B.Pharma – Admission to the B.Pharma course is merit-based. To be eligible for this course, candidates should have necessarily studied PCM in Class 12. For seat allocation, candidates would have to apply for DTE MP Counselling.
- B.P.Ed – The admission process for B.P.Ed is merit-based. Final seat allocation is done via DTE MP Counselling as per the rules of the Madhya Pradesh Higher Educational Department.
- MA/ M.Sc – Admission to postgraduate courses like MA and M.Sc is merit-based and depends on the marks secured in the last qualifying examinations. For some departments, there may be some specific requirements.
- Diploma Certificates/ PG Diploma Certificates – For Diploma certificate and PG Diploma certificate courses, admissions are offered based on merit.
- M.Tech – Admission to M.Tech can be either obtained via GATE score or the entrance exam conducted by the University. The final seat allocation is done via DTE MP Counselling.
- MBA – MBA aspirants can opt for either the DTE MP Counselling or the entrance test conducted by Jiwaji University.
- MCA – Admission to the MCA course is offered via DTE MP Counselling. To be eligible to apply for the MCA course, Mathematics should be a compulsory subject in either +2 or +3.
- Doctoral Degree (M.Phil & Ph.D.) – Admission to doctoral courses is based on the entrance test conducted by the University. Candidates who have previously qualified UGC – NET/ JRF/ SLET or any other government recognised doctoral entrance examination would be exempted from the entrance test conducted by the University.
Jiwaji University Admission Overview
|Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
|Type of Institution
|State Government University (Public Funded)
|UG/ PG/ Doctoral (Ph.D. & M.Phil)/ Diploma Certificates/ PG Diploma Certificates
|Entrance Test/ Merit-based admission
|Mode of Application
Jiwaji University MP Official Websites
You can access two websites to apply for admission to various courses offered by Jiwaji University:
Jiwaji University Admission Application Process
As mentioned above, the application process for admission to various courses offered by Jiwaji University is conducted online.
Admission is either granted based on merit or the entrance test conducted by the University or other entrance examinations conducted by the Government.
Each course has its eligibility criteria that we have already mentioned above. You can go through the admission details, and you will get to know whether or not you are eligible for a specific course.
To apply for admission, follow the general process that is mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit the Jiwaji University website.
Step 2: On the homepage, you will find the option of ‘Admission 2023-24’. Click on that option.
Step 3: On the new page that opens up, you will find all the details regarding the admission process for various courses.
Step 4: Select the course you want to apply for and fill the online application form.
Step 5: Pay the application fee.
Step 6: The admission criteria will vary from courses to courses. For some studies, the admission criteria will be merit, and for some studies, the admission will be based on the marks scored in the entrance examination.
Jiwaji University Admission Application Fee
The Application Fee for applying to Jiwaji University is mentioned below:
General Candidates: INR1000 + INR 200 (Per course).
SC/ ST/ OBC Candidates: INR 800 + INR 200 (Per course).
If a general category candidate applies for admission to three courses, he or she will have to pay INR (1000 + 200 + 200 + 200) which will amount to INR 1600.
Similarly, if a reserved (SC/ ST/ OBC) candidate applies for admission to three courses, he or she will have to pay INR (800 + 200 + 200 + 200) which will amount to INR 1400.
- The application fee can either be paid online via the MPOnline Portal or at the nearest kiosk centre.
- The maximum number of courses that a student can apply for is 5.
Reserved category candidates who belong to the SC/ ST/ OBC/ Physically Challenged category and hail from Madhya Pradesh are given a relaxation of 5% in the minimum aggregate marks required to apply for admission to Jiwaji University. For example, if the minimum mark requirement for general candidates is 50%, for reserved candidates, it will be 45%.
Seat Reservation in Courses:
|Scheduled Caste (SC)
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)
|Grade III & IV University Employees
Please note that this relaxation is only applicable for reserved category students who are permanent residents of Madhya Pradesh.
DTE MP Counseling
As mentioned above, for many courses, candidates will have to go through the DTE MP Counselling. What does this mean?
DTE MP is the Directorate of Technical Education, Madhya Pradesh. It looks over and controls the counselling process for admission to various courses across Madhya Pradesh. Once a candidate has applied for admission to Jiwaji University, there may be some courses for which he or she will have to sit for the DTE MP Counselling.
Official Website of DTE MP: https://dte.mponline.gov.in/
Jiwaji University Results of UG & PG Examinations
Jiwaji University has released the results of the Undergraduate and Postgraduate exam of 2021. You can view and download the results in PDF from the link provided below.
Link for Jiwaji University Results – 2023 (to be announced)
How to Check the Results?
Follow the steps below to view and download the results.
- Select the Result Type from the drop-down menu
- Select your Courses
- Select Class Type
- Select Class for Result
- Click on “Proceed for Result”
- The result will be displayed on a new page
Print the result and save it on your computer for future use.
Jiwaji University Admission FAQs
1. What are the Distance Courses offered by Jiwaji University?
Jiwaji University offers a wide range of Distance Courses. There is a separate institute of the University that looks over the distance courses. For more details, visit the website of Distance Education offered by Jiwaji University given below
The Distance education department of the Jiwaji University provides various UG Courses like PG courses like BA, B.Sc., B.Com, and B.Lib, PG Courses like MA, MBA, and Diploma Certificates / PG Diploma Certificates through distance learning.
2. What if seats remain vacant after the announcement of the merit list?
If any seats remain vacant after the announcement of the merit list, the seats will get filled by the next eligible candidates. The empty seats can be filled either at the university level or the college level.
3. When and where will the counselling process be held?
The counselling process for each course is different. You will have to find this out in the admission notice. Anyway, for almost all the courses, the counselling process is held at the university campus.
All the students have to attend the counselling compulsorily. If anyone fails to do so, his or her admission will stand cancelled.
Services Available at Jiwaji University MP Online Portal
|MP Online Link
|Application for SOS Semester Fee 2023 – 24
|Pay Unpaid / View Receipt
|Track Complaint Management System
|Register for SIS / RePrint Receipt ( Only For Final Year UG and Final Semester PG Enrolled Students )
|Forgot Password For SIS ( Only For Final Year UG and Final Semester PG Enrolled Students )
|Pay-Unpaid/View Receipt /Status
|Registration Form For all Courses (Previous Student)
|Exam Form Regular/Private
|Admit Card For Regular/Private/ATKT/EX
|Application for SOS Semester Fee 2023 – 24
|Download Admit Card – Distance Education
|Exam Form Medical Courses (Regular/EXR)
|Search PHD Receipt
How to Login to Jiwaji University MP Online?
- Visit Jiwaji University MP Online Portal given below
- Select the Type
- Enter your User ID
- Enter your Password
- Complete the Captcha
- Then click on Submit
If you forgot your password use the” Forgot Password” option to create a new password and login again with the new password.
Jiwaji University MP Online Link
Jiwaji Online Forms
You can Download the Enrollment and Registration forms of Jiwaji University Gwalior from the below link.
Jiwaji University Contact Details.
Jiwaji University, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India
All Enquiry +91 751 2442712
Fax No.: +91 751 2341768