Calicut University (also known as University of Calicut) is located in Calicut, Kerala. It is one of the top Universities in Kerala, and it offers top-notch Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral courses across many streams of study. Calicut University is the second oldest University in Kerala and is accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade. It is a highly reputed University, and a PhD from Calicut University holds a great value in the academic field.
There are 26 Doctoral Teaching & Research departments in the University. A Ph.D. from Calicut University can be obtained in either a Full-Time mode of study or Part-Time mode of study. For obtaining Calicut University PhD Admission, an individual must hold a Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks.
Application forms for admission to PhD programs are available on the Calicut Universities’ official website. The University also offers courses through Distance Learning mode of study via the School of Distance Learning, Calicut University.
Calicut University PhD Entrance Test, Eligibility Criteria, Entrance Exam Syllabus
The admission to the PhD programs offered by Calicut University is based on an Entrance Test conducted by the University. Candidates who qualify the Entrance Test will be called for a Doctoral Interview at the University. The final decision depends on the overall performance of the candidate.
- The Hall-Ticket for the Entrance Test will be available on the admission website three days before the date of Entrance Test. The Online Registration ID Number is mandatory for downloading the Hall-Ticket for the Entrance Test.
- The candidates who want to apply for two different disciplines will have to sit for separate Entrance Tests and the candidate will have to apply and pay the fees separately.
- The candidates who want to appear for the Entrance Test in two different disciplines should contact both the concerned departments. Download the regulation and syllabus from the official website given below.
Looking for PhD Admission Assistance in North India?
To obtain admission to a PhD program at Calicut University, a candidate must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must hold a Master’s degree from a Government recognized University in a relevant field of study. The degree should be equivalent to the Master’s Degree of Calicut University.
- The candidate must have scored at least 55% marks overall in his or her Master’s degree (or equivalent grade).
- Candidates who hold an M.Phil degree with minimum 55% marks from a Government recognized University are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have appeared in their final Master’s degree examination and have not got the results can apply for admission.
- Individuals working in National Laboratories/ Universities/ Institutes/ Government Organizations who hold a Master’s degree can also apply.
- Sponsored candidates by Private Organizations who hold a Master’s degree are eligible to apply.
- An individual whose M.Phil dissertation has been evaluated but the viva score is pending can also apply.
Candidates falling under the below categories are allowed a relaxation in minimum marks required in the Master’s degree:
- SC & ST candidates get a 10% marks relaxation from 55% to 45%.
- OBC candidates get a 5% marks relaxation from 55% to 50%.
- PWD candidates get a 10% marks relaxation from 55% to 45%.
Calicut University PhD Admission: Selection Process, Admission Notification-2023
The selection of a candidate depends on the performance in Entrance Test and Interview, conducted by the University. Practicing with previous year question papers will help the student to understand the pattern of the different type of questions.
- The candidates who have applied will have to sit for an Entrance Test (Written).
- If a candidate qualifies the Entrance Test, he or she will be called for a Doctoral Interview at the University.
- The admission depends on the overall performance of the candidate in the Entrance Test & Interview.
- If a candidate qualifies, he or she will be admitted to a PhD program at the University.
PhD Entrance Test Exemption
The candidates who fall under the below-mentioned categories are exempted from appearing for the Entrance Test:
- The candidates who have qualified exams like UGC NET, CSIR NET, SLET, State Eligibility Test, GATE, GPAT, and others.
- UGC JRF/ CSIR JRF/ CSIR SRF/ KSCSTE/ DST INSPIRE/ RGNF/ MANF Fellowship Awardees.
- Full Time teachers of the Colleges or Departments affiliated to Calicut University.
- Teachers with FDP/QIP or similar fellowships.
- Individuals working in a research project under a research guide of Calicut University.
- Foreign Nationals who are otherwise eligible for admission.
- Phil degree holders.
Calicut University PhD Application
Step 1: Visit the official website of University of Calicut and register yourself.
Step 2: Pay the application fees and entrance test fees. INR 580 for general candidates and INR 235 for reserved candidates.
Step 3: The fees can be paid online via the link ‘Fee Remittance’ in the Admission website or via the link ‘Instant Web Payment System (CUIWPS)’ in the Official website of the University.
Step 4: All candidates, including Entrance Test, exempted candidates will have to register online for seeking admission.
Step 5: The duly-attested print-out of application form along with the e-challan receipt of INR 580 (for general candidates) or INR 235 (for reserved candidates) should be mailed to the Head of the University Teaching Departments/Entrance conducting authority of the concerned department. Reserved candidates will have to send the concerned certificate.
PhD Application Form
You can download the PhD application form of Calicut University here
PhD Courses Offered
The list of PhD courses offered by Calicut University is given below:
- Mass Communication & Journalism.
- Environmental Science.
- Political Science.
- Commerce & Management Studies.
- Islamic History.
- Nano Science & Technology
- Social Work Etc..
How can Study Sure Help You?
If you want to get admission in a PhD program at Calicut University, you should contact us. We help students to get admission in their choice of University or College by providing all information related to admission in advance.
Calicut University PhD Regulations Updated- 2023
Direct PhD Entrance Examination – Revised Notifications
Calicut University PhD Registration Online
How to Register Online for PhD?
Step 1: Visit Calicut University PhD Portal http://phd.uoc.ac.in/
Step 2: Create CAPID using “New User (Create CAPID)” Button.
Step 3: Enter all details and make payment Using CAPID and Password Sent to the Registered Mobile Number of the applicant.
Step 4: Re-login into the website and take a print out for future use.
Looking for PhD Admission Assistance in North India?
Part- Time PhD in Kerala
PhD in Computer Science in Kerala
PhD Distance in India
PhD Part Time Admission in India
CUSAT PhD Admission
Kannur University PhD Admission Details
Study Abroad Consultants Calicut
Calicut University Distance Education
Disclaimer: Studysure does not provide any ready to submit thesis, research papers, or any assistance for peparing thesis, synopsis, research proposals etc.