PhD in Engineering is the highest academic qualification in the field of Engineering. Engineering is one of the emerging fields of education in India and abroad. The demand for doctoral candidates of Engineering is always high and will always be high, especially in a developing country like India. PhD in Engineering is a doctoral course pursued after obtaining a Masters’s degree like M.Sc, M.Tech, M.Phil, M.E and others. PhD in engineering in Kerala is one of the prestigious degrees in the field of engineering.
PhD in Engineering is meant for candidates who are looking to indulge in research work in the field of Engineering and who want to secure top-position jobs in reputed companies all around the world.
Obtaining a PhD in Engineering generally takes three to five years of study that can be pursued in either Full-Time mode of study or Part-Time.There are many specializations, from which a candidate can choose his or her specialization based on previous qualifications and interest. During the course of study, the candidate has to perform independent research on a topic in the field of Engineering. Based on that research, the candidate has to prepare a Thesis (Dissertation) and submit it to the university at the end of the course.
The minimum qualification for admission in PhD in Engineering is 55% marks in Masters. To obtain admission to one of the reputed universities of Kerala, a candidate has to pass an entrance test. The average fee for a PhD in engineering ranges between INR 20,000 to INR 4 Lakhs depending on the university. If you are looking to get admission in PhD in Engineering in Kerala, keep on reading.
Eligibility for PhD in Engineering
To be eligible to obtain admission in PhD in Engineering, the requirements are mentioned below:
- To pursue a PhD in Engineering, a candidate needs to hold a Bachelors’s degree in Engineering or any other equivalent degree from a government recognized university.
- The candidate needs to hold a Masters’s degree like M.Sc, M.Tech, M.Phil or M.E in a relevant subject from a government recognized university.
- The minimum mark required in Masters Degree is 55%. Some reputed universities seek 60% marks in Masters’s Degree.
- Reserved candidates get a 5% to 10% relaxation in required marks depending on the university.
If a candidate is seeking admission in the top universities of Kerala, he or she must qualify entrance exams like:
- The Entrance Test conducted by Kerala University.
- National Eligibility Test (NET JRF) conducted by UGC.
- State Level Eligibility Test conducted by the Kerala Government.
Fees for PhD in Engineering
The course fee of a PhD in Engineering ranges between INR 20,000 to INR 4 Lakhs depending on the university. As the course fee depends on the university, it is essential to contact a consultant like us before taking admission. Also, while applying, the candidate should make sure to check all the details on the universities’ official website.
Specializations for PhD in Engineering
There are many specializations out of which a candidate can choose his or her preferred specialization. It is recommended that a candidate should choose the specialization based on his or her previous education qualification. Here is a list of the specializations:
- PhD Aerospace Engineering.
- PhD Automobile Engineering.
- PhD Biomedical Engineering.
- PhD Chemical Engineering.
- PhD Computer Engineering.
- PhD Computer Science Engineering (CSE).
- PhD Civil Engineering.
- PhD Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE).
- PhD Electrical Engineering.
- PhD Electronics Engineering.
- PhD Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE).
- PhD Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering (ETC).
- PhD Electrical Communication Engineering.
- PhD Industrial Engineering.
- PhD Information Technology (IT).
- PhD Mechanical Engineering.
- PhD Nanotechnology.
- PhD Turbo-machinery Engineering.
Who should apply for a PhD in Engineering?
- Someone who has completed B.Tech & M.Tech and wants to pursue higher studies should opt for a PhD in Engineering.
- An individual can pursue a PhD in Engineering if he or she wants to conduct in-depth research in the field of Engineering.
- Anyone who wants to specialize in a particular field of Engineering should pursue a PhD in Engineering.
- An individual who wants to work in the field of cutting-edge technology like Turbo-machinery, Nanotechnology, Advanced Computing, Quantum Engineering and others should opt for a PhD in Engineering.
- An individual can opt for a PhD in Engineering if he or she is looking to secure a high-profile job in the top-tier tech companies of India and abroad.
- Someone who has the dream of teaching Engineering in reputed universities of India and abroad should apply for a PhD in Engineering.
- PhD in Engineering is best for candidates who are looking to invent new things and create inventions.
Admission Process for PhD in Engineering
- First and foremost, you should contact a consultant like us before applying for admission.
- Visit the official website of the university.
- Sign-up and apply for admission.
- Fill in all the details, including your academic qualifications.
- Upload the necessary documents.
- Pay admission fees.
- Keep looking for updates on the universities’ official website.
As mentioned above, many universities have entrance tests that a candidate needs to qualify before admission. So, make sure to know about the entrance test that you need to be eligible for admission in any selected university.
Salary for a PhD in Engineering Holder
After obtaining a PhD in Engineering, an individual can earn anywhere between INR 5 LPA to INR 20 LPA depending on the level of experience. Just after passing the PhD course, an individual can earn INR 5 LPA to INR 10 LPA or even more depending on the abilities of the candidate.
PhD in Engineering -Job Profile
Many job profiles can be offered to an individual who holds a PhD in Engineering:
- Engineering Technician.
- Engineering Consultant.
- Application Engineer.
- Research Engineer.
- Engineering Scientist.
- Water Resource Engineer.
- Cyber Security Consultant.
- Data Scientist.
- University Professor.
Top Recruiting Companies for a PhD in Engineering Holder
Many different sectors are looking to hire a PhD in Engineering holder. Some of them are:
- IT Sector.
- Manufacturing Sector.
- Software Industry.
- Agricultural Sector.
- Retail Sector.
- Aerospace Companies.
- Telecommunications Sector.
- Cyber Security Companies.
- Defense Sector.
- Tech Companies.
- Electronics Sector.
How We Can Help You ?
If you need any information or details regarding admission in PhD in Engineering, you can contact us. We provide all the updated information regarding admission tests, eligibiliy critieria in different universities for PhD in Engineering. You can contact us for latest information regarding admission for PhD in Engineering from Kerala University, PhD in Engineering in MG University, CUSAT, Calicut University, Kannur University and other universities & Colleges offering PhD in Engineering.
Contact us for admission guidance of PhD programs in Engineering (All Streams) from Tamil Nadu, MP, Rajasthan, Etc..
Part- Time PhD in Kerala
PhD in Computer Science in Kerala
PhD Distance in India
PhD Part Time Admission in India
CUSAT PhD Admission
Disclaimer: Studysure does not provide any ready to submit thesis, research papers, or any assistance for peparing thesis, synopsis, research proposals etc.