PhD in Law is the highest academic qualification that an individual can obtain in the field of Law. PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) in Law is meant for students and lawyers who want to achieve the highest qualification in Law and who want to indulge in in-depth research in the field of Law.
Individuals looking to obtain leadership posts in Judiciary, Academics, Advocacy, Business, and Government are most likely to opt for a Doctorate degree in Law. PhD in Law in Kerala offers the student to build knowledge about Law and also learn the application of Law in various fields like Social Sciences, Advocacy, Humanities, Global Health, Entrepreneurship, Sports, Advertisement, Business, Manufacturing Industries, Service Industries, and others.
PhD in Law in Kerala – Admission Details
PhD in Law in Kerala is 3 years to 5 years Doctoral course which can be studied in either Part-Time mode or Full-Time mode. Candidates who hold a Masters’s degree in a relevant field like Law, Humanities & Social Sciences are eligible to apply for a Ph.D. in Law course. The minimum eligibility of marks in Masters is 55% (many top universities require 60%). To obtain a seat in the top universities, the candidate must also pass entrance tests conducted by either the University or the government.
The fees of the course can range anywhere between INR 10,000 to INR 3 Lakhs depending on the University. An individual who holds a PhD in Law can easily earn anywhere between INR 5 Lakhs to INR 20 Lakhs per annum.
PhD in Law is a very reputed degree and has excellent value. An Individual holding a PhD in Law is more likely to be preferred for a job in a top Law firm. Many sectors are looking to hire candidates who have successfully obtained a PhD in Law. So, if you are interested in pursuing a PhD in Law, keep on reading.
Eligibility for PhD in Law
To be eligible for pursuing a PhD in Law:
- The candidate must hold a Masters degree in a relevant field like Law, Humanities or Social Sciences with at least 55% of marks.
- Some top universities require 60% of marks in Masters Degree.
- Reserved candidates get marks relaxation of 5% to 10% depending on the university.
- Candidates with M.Phil degree are preferred.
Adding to this, if you want a seat in the top universities, you must qualify in entrance exams like:
- The Entrance Test conducted by Kerala University.
- Common-Law Admission Test (CLAT).
- National Eligibility Test (NET JRF) conducted by UGC.
- State Level Eligibility Test, conducted by the Kerala Government.
Course Details for PhD in Law
A PhD in Law in Kerala is 3 to 5 years course of study. The course is available Full Time and Part Time in Kerala Universities and colleges. During the study, the candidate has to perform independent research on a topic related to Law and submit a thesis to the University.
Fees for PhD in Law
The fess to pursue a PhD in Law ranges between INR 10,000 to INR 3 Lakhs depending on the University. Government universities have lower fees structure as compared to private universities. Contact the University for details regarding the fee structure.
Who should apply for a PhD in Law?
- Individuals who hold a Masters’s degree in Law and want to continue with higher studies.
- Individuals who are looking to secure a job in the top Law firms of India and abroad.
- Individuals who are looking to indulge in in-depth research in the field of Law and application of Law.
- Individuals who have the dream to teach Law in the reputed universities of India and abroad.
- Individuals who want to improve their skills in the Legal fields.
- Individuals who want to work as in-house counsels for top companies and industries.
Salary for a PhD in Law holder
An individual who holds a PhD in Law is paid anywhere between INR 5 Lakhs to INR 20 Lakhs per annum depending on the level of experience in the field. Fresh pass-outs can get offers between INR 5 Lakhs to INR 10 Lakhs per annum. The salary keeps on increasing with the increase in experience and other factors.
Job Profiles for a PhD in Law holder
An individual who holds a PhD in Law can get job profiles like:
- Legal Expert.
- Legal Advisor.
- Legal Consultant.
- Legal Secretary.
- Taxation Consultant.
- In-house Counsel.
- Legal Analyst.
- Law Reporter.
- Legal Publisher.
- Law College Teacher.
- University Professor.
Top Recruiters for a PhD in Law holder
There are many different fields that require a PhD in Law holder. Some of them are:
- Law Firms.
- Government Offices.
- Corporate Houses.
- Taxation Firms.
- Law Colleges.
- Publication Houses.
How can Study Sure Help You?
We at Study Sure aim to provide students with the best services throughout their course of PhD. We can provide you with all the details and information you might need for a PhD in Law. We can help you with the admission and make sure that you join the best university.
We can provide help with anything you may need in the PhD admission process. Do contact us if you need any information regarding anything related to a PhD admission in Law. We provide all the services that a PhD candidate might need including the below:
- Assistance in PhD Admission.
- Assistance in Full-Time or Part-Time mode selection.
- Guidance in Topic Selection for Thesis.
- Guidance in Thesis Writing.
- Guidance in Research Paper Writing.
- Guidance in PhD Project Report.
- Guidance in PhD Assignment Writing.
- Guidance in Research Work Guidance.
- Guidance in Synopsis Writing.
- Guidance in Problem Defining.
- Guidance in Problem Designing.
- Guidance in Proof Reading.
- Guidance in Plagiarism Checking.
- Guidance in Research Methodology.
- Guidance in Data Analysis.
- Guidance in Preparation for Viva-voce.
- Guidance in Publication in Journals.
Disclaimer: Studysure does not provide any ready to submit thesis, research papers, or any assistance for peparing thesis, synopsis, research proposals etc.
For more information regarding Part- Time PhD Programs in Karnataka, Rajasthan etc. Please mail your details at