The Government of West Bengal offers scholarships to several school students of West Bengal State every year. The Nabanna scholarship is meant for the deserving school students of West Bengal who are meritorious and belong to a financially weak background. It comes under the West Bengal Chief Minister Relief Fund, and the application process is Offline. Every year, thousands of students who belong to the economically weak background are offered this Scholarship at different academic studies levels.
Nabanna Scholarship- Academic Levels
The Nabanna Scholarship has been made available for all the eligible students for the current academic session of 2023-2024.
This Scholarship offers an amount of INR 10,000 yearly to all the eligible students of West Bengal at the three academic levels mentioned above. Read on to know all the details of the this Scholarship offered by the Government of West Bengal. We have mentioned all the information that will help you understand the Eligibility Criteria, the Application Process, the current status, and all the other details.
Students can apply for this Scholarship at any point in time during an academic year. Details of the three level Nabanna Scholarship are given below.
- Students studying in H.S. (Class 11 & Class 12)– Students who are currently studying in H.S., i.e., either Class 11 or Class 12, can apply for the Nabanna Scholarship based on their Madhyamik Examination (Class 10).
- Students pursuing Undergraduate Courses – Students who are currently pursuing an Undergraduate Course can apply for the Nabanna Scholarship in any year. The scholarship application can be submitted based on the H.S. Examination (Class 12).
- Students pursuing Postgraduate Courses – Students who are studying Post Graduate can apply for the Nabanna Scholarship based on the Undergraduate Examination (U.G.).
What is Nabanna Scholarship?
A financial or monetary aid offered to students by the government, education boards, universities, and other organizations is a Scholarship. This financial aid is meant for the student to pursue his or her studies and bear the expenditure on education.
This Scholarship is meant for the students of West Bengal who belong to financially weak categories. Under this Scholarship scheme, students of West Bengal are offered an amount of INR 10,000 yearly. As mentioned above, the Nabanna Scholarship comes under the department of West Bengal Chief Minister Relief Fund, and the process of obtaining the Scholarship has been made very simple.
The student must fulfil particular eligibility criteria to become eligible for this Scholarship, which is mentioned below. There are three educational levels at which students can obtain the Scholarship
|Scholarship Name||West Bengal Chief Minister Relief Fund Nabanna Scholarship|
|Awarding Body||West Bengal Chief Minister Relief Fund|
|Eligible Courses||1.H.S. (Class 11 & Class 12)2.Any Undergraduate Course (B.A., B.Sc., B.Com, Engineering, Law, Diploma, etc.) |
3. Any Postgraduate Course (M.A., M.Sc., M.Com, Medical, etc.)
|Application Start||The Application can be submitted at any time during the current academic session|
|Last Date to Apply||No last date|
The Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship is mentioned below. The Eligibility conditions must be fulfilled by the students to apply for the Nabanna Scholarship.
- A Resident of West Bengal: Students who are permanent residents of West Bengal will be eligible for the Nabanna Scholarship. At the time of registration, a valid Residential Certificate or Domicile Certificate has to be submitted.
- Annual Family Income: The student’s annual family income should not be more than INR 60,000 per year to apply for the Scholarship. A valid Income Certificate has to be submitted during the registration.
- Studying in West Bengal’s Education Institutes: The student applying for the Nabanna Scholarship should be studying in any educational institute of West Bengal. Students studying in West Bengal State Board Schools and West Bengal State-aided Universities are also eligible for the Nabanna Scholarship.
- The student should not be a beneficiary of any other Scholarship Scheme: If the student receives monetary aid from any other Scholarship Scheme of any State Government or the Central Government, he or she will not be eligible for the Nabanna Scholarship for the same year.
Education Qualification Required (Minimum Marks)
In addition to the Eligibility Criteria mentioned above, a student will have to fulfill the below-mentioned Education Qualification to receive the Scholarship:
- For H.S. (Class 11 & Class 12) Level– At least 65% aggregate in Madhyamik Examination (Class 10).
- For Undergraduate (UG) Level– At least 60% aggregate in S. Examination (Class 12).
- For Postgraduate (P.G.) Level– At least 55% aggregate in Honours Subject of Undergraduate Examination (U.G.).
The amount offered to students who are eligible for the Nabanna Scholarship is currently INR 10,000/Year. Visit the official website for more details about the Scholarship amount for 2023-2024.
This Scholarship has been made available for students of the current academic year 2023-2024. Eligible students can apply for this Scholarship at any time of the academic year as the Application is open throughout the year.
Before applying, the candidate should make sure that he or she fulfills the entire eligibility criteria.
Nabanna Scholarship Application Forms Download Links:
|Sl No||Name of Form||Download Link|
|1||CM Nabanna Scholarship Application Form.||cm nabanna scholarship application form|
|2||Nabanna Self Declaration Form||nabanna shcoarship form self declaration format|
|3||Recommendation Form MLA/MP||MLA MP recommendation for nabanna Scholarship format|
Download All Nabanna Scholarship Forms in PDF here
The Selection Process of the Scholarship is supervised by the Chief Minister’s Office of West Bengal. Students who fulfill all the eligibility criteria will be entitled to receive the Scholarship. The money is directly transferred to the beneficiaries’ bank account.
How to Apply ? (Step by Step Process)
First of all, you need to check whether you fulfill the eligibility criteria to obtain the Scholarship. If you satisfy the eligibility criteria, follow the steps mentioned below to apply for this scholarship.
Step 1: Visit the official Website of West Bengal CMO
Step 2: On the homepage, you will find an option of ‘Donations.’ Click on that option.
Step 3: On the new page, scroll down to ‘Educational Assistance.’
Step 4: Download the application form of the ‘Chief Minister’s Relief Fund Scholarship.’
Step 5: Take the print out of the Application.
Step 6: Fill the Application Form with the correct details.
Step 7: You will have to enclose all the required documents, along with the Application Form.
Step 8: Send the Application Form and the mandatory documents to “The Assistant Secretary, Chief Minister’s Office, ‘Nabanna’, 325, Sarat Chatterjee Road, Howrah – Pin-711 102. West Bengal.
Required Documents to be Submitted with Application Form
Mentioned below is the list of all the mandatory documents to be submitted with the application form.
- Photocopy of Mark Sheets of all previously passed examinations.
- Photocopy of Rank Card and Allotment Letter (For JEE or any other competitive exams).
- Photocopy of Family Income Certificate obtained from any Government Officials like D.M., SDO, BDO, Group-A Government Officer, Executive Officer of Municipality, Deputy Commissioner of Municipal Corporation.
- Recommendation Letter from M.P. or MLA to the Chief Minister of West Bengal clearly states the candidate’s family income.
- Self-Declaration by the student mentioning the present course of study along with year/ semester and receipt of any scholarship previously received. The declaration should be duly countersigned by the head of the institution where the candidate studies presently.
- Bank Account Details (Account Number, IFSC Code, Bank Name, Branch Name, Branch Code).
- Photocopy of Fee-Book.
- Contact Details.
Note: A Group-A Government Officer should duly attest photocopies of all the documents.
Nabanna Scholarship Helpline Numbers
If you have any queries regarding the Nabanna Scholarship, you can contact the official helpline:
Phone: (033)2214 1902 or (033) 2253 5278.
Official Website: http://wbcmo.gov.in/
Nabanna Scholarship – FAQs
1. What are the eligibility criteria for the Nabanna Scholarship Scheme?
Students who are permanent residents of West Bengal and are studying in either H.S. (Class 11 & Class 12) or Undergraduate (UG) or postgraduate (P.G.) are eligible to apply for this scholarship scheme. The detailed eligibility criteria for the Scholarship are given above.
2. When is the last date to apply for the Scholarship?
If you are eligible for the Nabanna Scholarship, you can apply for it at any time during the current academic year. There is NO deadline to apply for the Nabanna Scholarship scheme.
3. Can I check the status of the Scholarship Online?
No, you can’t check the Nabanna Scholarship status online. As this process is entirely offline, you won’t be able to track the status of your application online.
4. Can I send the Application Form of Nabanna Scholarship via Speed Post?
Yes, you can. But it is better not to send the Application Form via Speed Post. When you send the Application form through registered post, you will receive a signed receipt from the WB CMO authority, and the receipt number is required for future references. In the case of Speed Post, you will not receive any receipt.
5. Can I apply for the Nabanna Scholarship if I have applied for any other Scholarship?
No. If you have applied for any other Scholarship under any State Government or the Central Government, you will not be eligible to apply for the Nabanna Scholarship.
6. When will I receive the Scholarship Amount?
If you are selected, you will receive the Nabanna Scholarship Amount within 4 to 8 months.
7. What is the procedure for the Renewal of Nabanna Scholarship?
Each student can apply only once for the Nabanna Scholarship. Hence there is no option for renewal ofthis scholarship scheme.
If you have any questions or require further details about this scholarship, you may visit the official website or you may post your questions/doubts in the comment box . We will try our best to clear your doubts as soon as possible. For more updates regarding this scholarship scheme, keeps visiting our site.