When it comes to a Doctoral degree in Nursing (PhD in Nursing) we tend to assume that it will take a long time for completion. However, it is not always the case. Like any other mainstream subjects, a PhD degree can be obtained in nursing as well within three to five years. You can obtain a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree in either a Full-Time course or a Part-Time which requires 3 years to 5 years for completion.
The minimum eligibility of admission to this course is an M.Sc or an M.Phil in nursing from a recognized university. If you want to take admission in any of the top universities of India, you will also have to clear several entrance examinations. So if you are aiming to obtain a Part Time PhD in Nursing in India, you are in the right place.
- 1 Part Time PhD Nursing Programs in India
- 1.1 Nursing in India
- 1.2 PhD in Nursing- Is It Worth?
- 1.3 PhD in Nursing in India- Course Highlights (Part Time & Full Time)
- 1.4 Part Time PhD in Nursing Course Fee in India
- 1.5 The Big Question: How Much Does a PhD Degree Holder in Nursing Earn ?
- 1.6 PhD in Nursing- Eligibility
- 1.7 PhD in Nursing – Career Prospects
- 1.8 Our Guidance For PhD Nursing Programs in Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan Etc. ( Full Time & Part Time)
Part Time PhD Nursing Programs in India
Ph.D. Program in Nursing requires students to prepare a thesis consisting of original research that will advance and Nursing practice, procedures, and healthcare delivery systems. Part-Time Ph.D. in nursing usually takes at least three years to complete, but the duration can vary from scholar to scholar Here are the programs offered by different universities for Part Time PhD Nursing in India:
- Current Health Issues & Policies.
- Nursing Leadership.
- Nursing Informatics.
- Philosophy of Nursing Science and Theoretical Perspectives.
- Nursing Theories and Theory Development.
- Overview of Theory in Nursing.
- Research Methodology and Applied Statistics.
Nursing in India
In simple English, Nursing is a profession where a nurse takes care of a patient and ensures the speedy recovery of a patient. But Nursing is much more than this; it has always been a very important occupation for the world. It is much more than just an occupation. Nursing has always been about touching lives and mending hearts. The world would not have been a planet of kindness if nurses were not there.
This is an amazing profession which is respected by everyone. Every individual nurse should be proud of his or her service to the nation and humanity at large.
PhD in Nursing- Is It Worth?
Firstly, a PhD nursing degree holder will have a lot of experience in her field and will be able to take up jobs at the position of responsibilities. Therefore, a PhD degree holder in Nursing will be preferred above other candidates. Having a PhD degree holder in the midst of interns and trainees will help in setting up a learning atmosphere. The Ph.D. degree holders can interact better with the community where they are posted and could bring sustainable changes.
Many high-profile jobs for nurses in the government sector require a PhD in Nursing. So if you want to obtain a nursing job in the government sector, you should obtain a PhD first. Also, if you want to secure a job as a lecturer or instructor in esteemed institutions as a Nurse, you will need a PhD in Nursing.
Benefits of PhD in Nursing
- A PhD in Nursing will help you learn new things and build upon your existing skills & knowledge.
- You will get an opportunity to build up your learning through the experiences you encounter during your course of study.
- You will have the flexibility to choose a program that will be both personally and professionally relevant to you.
- You will have an opportunity to cultivate your skills and understand the significance it can have in the field of Nursing.
- You will be able to conduct your own studies and reflect on its impact on the professional practice of Nursing.
- You will get the time and resources to understand the changing nature of healthcare; both nationally and internationally.
Individuals with a PhD degree in nursing have the upper-hand at obtaining jobs at top positions in Government organizations like Public Health Departments, Home Health Agencies, Hospitals, and Community Organizations.
PhD in Nursing in India- Course Highlights (Part Time & Full Time)
|Name of the Program||PhD in Nursing|
|Duration of Course||Minimum 3 Years|
|Eligibility||MSc in Nursing/ Related Subjects with minimum of 55% marks|
|Admission Process||Entrance Examination- Online/Offline|
|Course Fee||From INR 10000 to 85000/Year|
|Salary Expected after PhD||From INR 6 Lac to 45 Lac|
|Job Profile||Head Nursing Officer.
Nurse Scientist at Health Care Facilities.
Researcher at Pharamacutical Company.
Faculty Member at Nursing College.
Deputy Nursing Officer.
Critical Care Nurse Officer.
Human Resource Allocators.
Asst Nursing Professor.
Community health inspector.
CEO of Major Organisation.
|Recruiting Companies||Hospitals, Government Organizations, Medical Colleges, Nursing Colleges, Research Institutes etc|
Part Time PhD in Nursing Course Fee in India
Whenever we speak of any post-grad course, the first thing that we worry about is the course fee. The course fee which includes the tuition fee and lab facilities ranges between Rs. 12000 to Rs. 850000 for the complete course depending on the university.
The Big Question: How Much Does a PhD Degree Holder in Nursing Earn ?
The salary is highly dependent on the institute you are studying from and your educational career. Nursing is a significant part of the service industry in India. The efficiency of the nurses in handling situation and their capabilities to communicate with various types of people get them promoted However, the starting salary can be estimated somewhere between 6 lakh to 8 lakh per annum which is free to rise depending on how much you deliver.
Experience also plays an important factor in determining your salary. Work experience of 2 to 3 years can directly land you at the post of the supervisor and thus would fetch you higher salary depending on your field of work. Therefore, it becomes very important to consult proper career counsellors before making the call.
PhD in Nursing- Eligibility
For a PhD in nursing, the candidate must have passed the MSc or equivalent examination with 55% in aggregate or a MPhil in nursing. The selection in most of the respected institutions of the country is through entrance examinations.
If you have a Diploma in General nursing from any recognized institutional body, you can apply for a PhD in nursing if the institution is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council. If an individual has a registration as a nurse from the State Nursing council, then he or she is eligible for a PhD program in nursing.
Some Important Entrance Examination in India for Admission in PhD in Nursing
- AIIMS Entrance Exam
- AFMC Entrance Exam
- JIPMER Entrance Exam
- Lady Harding’s Medical College Entrance Exam
Institutes Offering Part Time PhD in Nursing in India
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi.
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University GGSIPU in New Delhi.
- Noida International University in Noida.
- Christian Medical College in Vellore.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research in Pondicherry.
- Madras Medical College in Chennai.
- Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeswara University in Mysore.
- Sri Ramachandra University in Chennai.
- SRM University in Kanchipuram.
- KLE University Belgaum.
- Bharati Vidyapeeth University in Pune.
- The University of Calicut in Calicut.
Please contact us for course fee and other details of Part time PhD in Nursing in Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan Etc.
PhD in Nursing – Career Prospects
A World of opportunities awaits for nurses with PhD in Nursing. Clinical Nurses are high in demand in all sectors. Besides Hospitals, nurses are important in schools, colleges, in the travel industry, in factories and offices, in times of accidents and natural calamities, etc. This degree will allow you to reach greater heights by letting you fetch jobs at bigger companies and hospitals. Having the work experience from a reputed institution will add to the points in your CV and will be of great help in the future.
After gaining a few years of experience in practice you can easily apply for the job of a lecturer or instructor in many universities. Gaining a Ph.D. in nursing further boost your career prospects and will also broaden your access to a range of possibilities in the booming health sector.
Organizations which offer jobs to PhD Nursing degree holders
- The Health Department- Government of India
- State Medical Councils
- Indian Council for Nursing and Nurses
- Indian Red Cross Society
- Rotary International
- Lions International
- Non-Governmental Organizations
Few categories in which the requirement of PhD holding Nurses is high
- Nurses for Cardiac Treatment
- Nurses in the posts of Clinical Specialist
- Critical Care Nurses
- Nurses for emergencies
- Nurses specializing in Gastroenterology
- Nurses specializing in Neonatal
- Nurses specializing in Medicine
- Nurse Practitioner
- Occupational Health Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing
- Public Health
How can Study Sure help you with Part Time PhD in Nursing?
We at Study Sure can help you achieve your dream of obtaining a PhD in Nursing. Our experienced team for PhD Nursing programs can help you with all the details and requirements for admission in a university for Part-Time PhD in Nursing. Contact us if you require any information related to PhD Nursing Admission, Entrance Test, Elgibility criteria etc.
Our Guidance For PhD Nursing Programs in Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan Etc. ( Full Time & Part Time)
- Guidance for PhD Part time Admission
- Guidance for PhD Full time Admission
- Information about Entrance Test
- Updated information about Eligibility criteria
- List of colleges/Universities offering PhD Nursing program.
Contact us for the details of Colleges & Universities Offering Part-Time PhD in Nursing in Kerala, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh Etc
Part- Time PhD in Kerala
PhD Distance in India
PhD Part Time Admission in India
PhD in Ayurveda
Disclaimer: Studysure does not offer any academic writing services.We do not provide any ready to submit thesis, research papers, or any assistance for peparing thesis, synopsis, research proposals etc.