Mahatma Gandhi University (also known as MGU) is located in Kottayam, Kerala. It is a UGC approved university which is counted as one of the top universities in Kerala. There are more than 300 academic programs offered by MGU under Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral level.
MGU offers PhD in various disciplines and subjects which can be obtained by either a Full-Time or Part-Time mode of study. For MG University PhD admission 2023, the candidate needs to qualify an entrance examination. The candidate has to sit for a Written Aptitude Test (WAT) and an interview. The overall performance of the candidate will determine his or her admission.
The Doctoral courses offered by MGU are counted among the top Doctoral programs that can be obtained in the top universities of India. It is one of the top Universities in Kerala where an individual can obtain a PhD.
Admission Criteria for PhD in MGU Kerala
The applicant must qualify these eligibility criteria to get admitted to a PhD program at MGU:
- The candidate should hold a Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline from a Government recognized University, considered as equivalent to MGU. The minimum required mark is an aggregate of 55% or equivalent grade.
- Candidates who have appeared for their Master’s exam and are waiting for results can also apply.
- CA and CS candidates can also apply, provided they are registered members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
The following candidates can get relaxation in the required marks:
- SC, ST and OBC candidates get a relaxation of 10%.
- Differently-abled candidates & PWD candidates get a relaxation of 10%.
- The candidates who have passed Master’s degree before 19th September 1991 get a relaxation of 5% of marks.
PhD Admission Process
If a candidate fulfills the eligibility criteria, he or she has to go through the entrance examination conducted by the University to obtain admission as mentioned above.
- The candidate has to appear in the Entrance Test (ET).
- The Entrance Test will be a Written Aptitude Test (WAT).
- If the candidate qualifies the Entrance Test, he or she will have to face an interview.
- The admission of the candidate will depend on his or her overall performance in the Entrance Test and Interview.
The following candidates are exempted from qualifying the Entrance Test:
- UGC JRF/ CSIR JRF/ CSIR SRF/ KSCSTE/ DST INSPIRE/ RGNF/ MANF Fellowship Awardees.
- Candidates who have qualified exams conducted by the Government such as UGC NET/ State Eligibility Test/ SLET/ GATE/ GPAT/ JEST or others.
- Candidates under Visweswaraya PhD Scheme.
- DST Women Scientist Awardees.
- Candidates serving as scientists of accredited Research & Development Institutions.
- Candidates serving as Permanent & Regular teachers in Government aided Universities & Colleges.
- M.Phil & M.Tech degree holders.
- MD & MS degree holders in modern medicine, Ayurveda and Homeopathy.
Candidates who are exempted from the Entrance exam will be selected based on Qualifying Degree and Interview.
Looking for PhD Admission Assistance in North India?
How to Apply?
A candidate who wishes to apply should follow the given steps:
Step 1: Account creation & Registration on the official website of MGU.
Step 2: Login.
Step 3: Application Fee Payment. The application fee is INR 1000 for general candidates and INR 500 for reserved candidates. The application fee can be submitted online only.
Step 4: Submit Basic Details.
Step 5: Submit Academic Details.
Step 6: Upload the required documents.
Step 7: Submit the Application.
Step 8: Download the application form, which is generated by the system and send the application to the University along with all the relevant documents as mentioned below:
- Attested copy of Master’s (Postgraduate) Degree & Mark-sheet.
- Attested copy of M.Phil Degree (if applicable).
- Attested copy of TC from the last institution where the candidate studied.
- Attested copy of the certificates of the following (if applicable): UGC JRF/ CSIR JRF/ CSIR SRF/ KSCSTE/ DST INSPIRE/ RGNF/ MANF/ others.
- Attested copy of passing certificate of the following (if appeared): UGC NET/ State Eligibility Test/ SLET/ GATE/ GPAT/ JEST/ others.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) by the employer (if applying for the Part-Time mode of study).
- Caste Certificate issued by the Government (if applicable).
- Disability Certificate issued by the Government (if applicable).
- Agreement Letter from the Head of the Research Centre.
- If the candidate is from a Research Centre, he or she will need to send three copies of Research Proposal duly signed by the Research Guide.
- Certificate from the Head of the Institution regarding the appearance of final postgraduate examination (for candidates awaiting their postgraduate degree).
- Scorecard Copy of Entrance Test (if appeared).
PhD Programs offered by MG University Kerala
There are many disciplines in which MGU offers a PhD program:
- Biosciences (Biochemistry, Biophysics, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Physiology).
- Computer Science.
- Development Studies.
- Environmental Science.
- Gandhian Studies.
- Home Science.
- Management Studies.
For PhD Application Form, Online Admission, Syllabus, Model question paper, Entrance exam results, etc please visit the Mahatma Gandhi university website Kerala
How can Study Sure Help You?
If you are looking for the details of PhD admission at MG University in Kerala, you can contact us for guidance. We will provide you with all the details and information that you may need while applying for a PhD program at Mahatma Gandhi University Kerala.
We keep you updated with all the latest news regarding MGU and other universities so that candidates seeking admission face no problems in the admission process. If it is your dream to pursue a PhD at MGU in Kerala, you can contact us for updated information and syllabus.
Contact us for admission guidance of Part Time PhD in all subjects in Kerala, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh Etc…
Part- Time PhD in Kerala
PhD in Computer Science in Kerala
PhD Distance in India
PhD Part Time Admission in India
Cusat PhD Admission
Disclaimer: Studysure does not offer any academic writing services.We do not provide any ready to submit thesis, research papers, or any assistance for peparing thesis, synopsis, research proposals etc.